Bill Gates Has Given Away $28 Billion Since 2007

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Hate him or love him; you will have to admit that Bill Gates along with his wife Melinda have been the best of the best when it comes to charitable contributions. Their foundation has donated $28 Billion dollars around the world and according to the article, has been responsible for saving millions of lives.

The Gates Foundation has focused on eradicating Malaria, helping third-world countries grow rice, and a crusade to end Polio.

Maybe Windows was just part of his plan to make this world a better place. Who knows?

That is really great, may Bill and Melinda Gates live a long and happy life.

And why is it people always call Microsoft the big evil corp? Even going so far as selling it M$? :rolleyes:

The M$ thing is from the early 90's, when they were the only game in town, when Linux was a baby, when Apple was at $5 a share and damn near dead. When Gates was at the top of his game hands down. He was ruthless as a businessman, but thats because he knew how to create wealth. Microsoft used to and probably still has the title of creating the most millionaires of any company.

He shared the benefits of the company with the employees, management and everyone else. Some of those people left MS and started other companies. Their reach is incredible, their growth is year over year record breaking, but they aren't the hot ticket in town, so everyone likes to shit on them.

Me personally, I live by the old rule. Nobody ever got fired for recommending Microsoft.

And why is it people always call Microsoft the big evil corp? Even going so far as selling it M$? :rolleyes:
Agreed, nd you will always hear from the Jobs zealots that Bill Gates is donating so much to "atone" for what he did.:rolleyes:

He didn't, nor did he need to: his presence alone was enough of a donation. His being there was "innovative", and "magical".

........ seriously? reason 5290384752345 I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Absolutely fantastic to see him helping out others. May all the worlds' billionaires be so generous in life or death. :)

woops. yeah. i reread what he said. sounded very believable for an apple fan boy to say that. sorry haha

dude. read it again. i've read apple fanboys say that exact shit and be totally serious. haha

dude. read it again. i've read apple fanboys say that exact shit and be totally serious. haha

You think that's bad, go to the thread about Jobs dying. Probably the one of the most disgusting things i've ever seen, EVER, and it ain't coming from apple fanboys.

He didn't, nor did he need to: his presence alone was enough of a donation. His being there was "innovative", and "magical".

I'm sure he donated millions to charities. He probably donated anonymously like many other major players usually do. I'm not a religious person, but this verse from Matthew 6:4 says it well.

That your charities may be in secret; and then your Father--He who sees in secret--will recompense you.

A. Because Microsoft owns majority of the OS market.

B. Bill Gates doesn't run Microsoft anymore, that would be Steve Ballmer.

C. Windows 8

+1 to what others have said, if only the other super rich in this world helped try to fix more of the problems in this world.

I'm sure he donated millions to charities. He probably donated anonymously like many other major players usually do. I'm not a religious person, but this verse from Matthew 6:4 says it well.

That your charities may be in secret; and then your Father--He who sees in secret--will recompense you.

You're talking about the man who killed all charitable donnations by Apple.

To this day there is no philanthropic program at Apple. There is no organized giving by Apple. The whole "I gave at the office" line doesn't apply to any Apple employee.

Sorry, but Jobs doesn't get any credit from the whole "he did it in secret" thing. His public deeds stand, he just wasn't a charitable person. He would have told Bill Gates "you're holding your money wrong."

Not that I care, it was his money, he can do with it as he wishes, but don't give him any credit without any evidence. Maybe he gave, maybe he didn't, the world may never know. Right now all we know is that since he retook the helm at Apple, there has been no charitable giving by Apple.

Now I'm starting to realize why Billy doesn't allow his kids to own apple products... cause Jobby Jobs was a greedy mother. RIP

That is really great, may Bill and Melinda Gates live a long and happy life.

+1000, I wish more of the ultra rich has the kind of vision and humanity that Bill Gates has

And, to the children in the thread, lets not make this into yet another hate Steve Jobs thread, k? Because I know if I was Bill Gates and people used a discussion of my altruism to hate on some other rich guy, I'd be pretty pissed off myself....

Jobs gave out about the same as my grandmother did per year , which is atypical of his massive over inflated ego that all his fans give him. Steve Jobs convincing people that he came up with all the designs of the most popular "i" products is probably his greatest genius. Marketing genius? Yep but that's about it.

Gates was no spring chicken either but at least he had a more important part than assembling computers while his co-founder wrote all the code and designed the logic. And at least he's donated vast amounts of money to charity and helping abolish Malaria. His wife's full time job is giving away his money .. Steve wanted to spend time with his kids and rip the soul out of his interns.

Absolutely fantastic to see him helping out others. May all the worlds' billionaires be so generous in life or death. :)

Gates did start that group for rich people to donate money,and i recall Jobs said no to it, while he had rich Oil Sheeks in the east donating their fortunes...

Gates did start that group for rich people to donate money,and i recall Jobs said no to it, while he had rich Oil Sheeks in the east donating their fortunes...

Karmas a bitch. I think Gates and Buffet are committed with a few other billionaires, maybe Oprah.

And Tim Cook is following jobs foot steps, stock awards almost a half Bil for 2011. I want to puke

Tim-Cook-s-Salary-for-2011-Revealed-3.png

I wonder why they are counting from 2007. I'm pretty sure the foundation was created years before that.

Wikipedia listed their total endowment is $37.1 billion:eek:

I wonder why they are counting from 2007. I'm pretty sure the foundation was created years before that.

Wikipedia listed their total endowment is $37.1 billion:eek:

its 2009, 2010, and 2011

This is when I understand why people want to cap salaries like this. Its unnecessary...

Hate him or love him; you will have to admit that Bill Gates along with his wife Melinda have been the best of the best when it comes to charitable contributions. Their foundation has donated $28 Billion dollars around the world and according to the article, has been responsible for saving millions of lives.

Private charity > government taxation and redistribution

If you want to be sick or not, be sick and think "that could of been me??" but too many people are too lazy or content to push their real potential.

I will say though, this day in age, it is hard to come up with something that hasnt already been thought of..

Back