Microsoft's 2013 CES Floor Space Sold In Just 45 Minutes

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to sources close to the matter, Microsoft's prime floor space for CES 2013 was sold in just 45 minutes. Apparently not everyone is afraid of the "curse of CES." ;)

The space was sold to Dish and Chinese electronics maker Hisense for the same price Microsoft would have paid had it opted to attend next year's show, the source said. Space selection for the 2013 CES, which began today, is a three-day process, so it's unknown how many exhibitors plan to be at next year's conference. More than 3,100 exhibitors are attending this years CES, compared with 2,800 at the 2011 show.

I wonder how many sq. ft. that entails and how much it costs to rent that much space at CES.

I also wonder why MS is shunning CES starting next year when it should be getting pretty close to releasing the next-gen. Xbox (720?).

I also wonder why MS is shunning CES starting next year when it should be getting pretty close to releasing the next-gen. Xbox (720?).

E3 is a much more gaming focused convention that I'm sure Microsoft will continue to headline as long as they are in the console market.

E3 is a much more gaming focused convention that I'm sure Microsoft will continue to headline as long as they are in the console market.

This.

If MS is going to announce a new Xbox this year (which is up in the air at best), odds are it will be at E3.

Yeah, that's true, they'll still continue to show at the Electronics Expo.

I wonder what other large companies will drop out of CES as the article alluded to.

Back