Stupid Facebook Criminal of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Feel like selling one of your kids for $20 million? You can probably cross Facebook off the list of places to do it. :rolleyes:

Failed Saudi businessman has put up his own son up for sale on Facebook. He claims that with all doors closed to him, he couldn’t see any other way to provide for his wife and daughter. Saud bin Nasser Al Shahry wants more than 73 million UAE Dirhams for the boy, a sum equivalent to almost $20 million.

Life must be pretty tough indeed if he requires a quick $20,000,000.

Giving up children as a way to settle debts has been commonplace in all societies throughout history. No, I do not condone it but I also do not thumb up my nose because I know the west has a history of doing the same. Hell, it still happens these days here with single mothers selling their unwanted children to rich couples who want to adopt them.

P.S: As a side note, I recommend people watch the Frontline documentary "Opium brides".

facepalm.jpg

It is common practice in 3rd world countries to sell children off as property. There are a lot of movies depicting this action, so it shouldn't come as a surprise. It is considered a human taboo to do such a thing, but understand this is how some people live. There is a surprisingly high demand for children to be adopted, for some reason.

This has got to be a joke! Most Muslim men would want a boy over a girl, that way to carry the family name. Girls are also expensive to marry away. He really must be hoping a wealthy Sheikh would bail him out. This is very un-Islamic, and I doubt this brother trust in Allah. Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes bad, sometimes good.

It is common practice in 3rd world countries to sell children off as property. There are a lot of movies depicting this action, so it shouldn't come as a surprise. It is considered a human taboo to do such a thing, but understand this is how some people live. There is a surprisingly high demand for children to be adopted, for some reason.

The surprising part is that he is dumb enough to think his kid might fetch 20 million dollars.

Dude needs to stop fucking or buy some condom's.

wtf does that have to do with this article?

I like their system there, no help for anyone over 35. Now if only the US could get something like that. Get rid of the people living off the system without trying to help themselves and take care of their families.

The resourceful businessman said his debt-collecting firm had been ruled illegal by a local court and had to be shut down. When Al Shahry approached the Labor Office for financial assistance, the authorities allegedly refused him aid as the ministry does not provide help to individuals over 35 years old.
Wow so if you're over 35 you can go screw yourself there!? Boned! Getting old sucks.
Much as I hate debt collecters how is it illegal to try and reclaim a debt someone is defaulting on?

I guess it depends how you collect the debt. I'm sure there's more to this than it seems. That's alot of money, but a son is about as valuable as they come I guess. Would probably look kinda weak to ask less, who knows. Maybe he figures he can get his daughter married off into wealth if he can sell off a son at a good price, effed up whatever is going on there. UAE isn't exactly third world, but sure seems old world.

eh, why crazy? nothing different than what they do in terms of arranged marriages and child brides and nobody looks down on that. if they can give a kid a better life with affluent parents then go for it.

Back