Corsair Vengeance 1300 Analog Gaming Headset

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Overclockers Club have just put the finishing touches on their review of Corsair's Vengeance 1300 analog gaming headset. You can see our review here for comparison purposes.

If it wasn't for the severe lack of bass, then these headphones would be at the top of my list for their price range. While the comfort and build quality are definitely there, the audio performance averages out to just decent. The clarity of the range of sound that the Vengeance 1300 is capable of producing is without a question very good; if gaming is your only concern then this $80 headset just might fit your bill.

most gaming headphones lack bass, right?

dont you want to hear the footsteps? etc..............

I enjoy being able to feel the explosions. Myself and my brother also enjoy listening to heavy metal such as Parkway Drive or August Burns Red as we play online shooters. You lose some sense of sound, but it helps to focus.

I think the reviewer needed to test them with a decent headphone amp or at least list if the onboard codec or a dedicated soundcard was used.

The lack of bass and volume both point to these needing better amplification and these having 50mm drivers I don't see them not having decent bass unless Corsair really cheaped out on the drivers or the earcup design.

Hopefully someone coming from a audio quality standpoint with the gear to test them fully will review these because I don't see many computer gaming centric reviewers using say headphone amp and a usb dac setup to test these but will probably just plug them straight into the front panel ports of their ac97 codec

Last edited:
I think the reviewer needed to test them with a decent headphone amp or at least list if the onboard codec or a dedicated soundcard was used.

The lack of bass and volume both point to these needing better amplification and these having 50mm drivers I don't see them not having decent bass unless Corsair really cheaped out on the drivers or the earcup design.

Hopefully someone coming from a audio quality standpoint with the gear to test them fully will review these because I don't see many computer gaming centric reviewers using say headphone amp and a usb dac setup to test these but will probably just plug them straight into the front panel ports of their ac97 codec

This. I can't even imagine going back to not having a built in amp on my soundcard or a at least an AMP/DAC to drive my Sennheiser HD 650's. Once you hear the quality of a good amp and how it can completely change the sound stage you'll never want to use anything else.

I just got these a few days ago..

I have more than enough Bass with them connected to my Soundblaster x-fi. Frankly any more and it would drown out all the important stuff I need to hear in game and rattle my skull. I am extremely thrilled with them so far.

yeah I figured as much, I asked on the forums on Overclockers Club and they are saying the reviewer just used the onboard codec.

That is unfortunate since as many of us know the ability of onboard codecs to drive headphones varies by huge amounts.

Using a X-FI or a Xonar would have been more inline with what gamers would already have if they were looking to by a decent headset, especially a analog one.

The posters were instantly complaining about needing a EQ and most gaming headsets having "flat EQ" (lol) but I hear the same hogwash from people talking about the sony mdr-7506's I've used for years so it is a matter of them not knowing what flat sounding headphones are (the sony's lack low end , but that is on purpose for mixing room gain) and were looking for room filling subwoofer esque bass.

Back