How to Sell or Swap Your Unwanted Gifts

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Christmas is over and now the reality of unwanted gifts haunts you like it has in all the past years. Instead of pawning off the unwanted gifts on another, or sticking them in a closet hoping they will just go away on their own, there are Internet alternatives. There is a growing number of websites that now specialize in finding a new owner who might actually appreciate that Obama Chia pet. :D

Thankfully, for all the unhappy gift recipients out there, there are tons of websites that cater to that one question: Now what do I do with this thing?

I have to say, full blown liberal here, the Obama Chia pet is horrrrrrrrrrrrible

amazon actually took a couple gifts off my hands, gave me amazon credit, which is almost like cash for me.

amazon actually took a couple gifts off my hands, gave me amazon credit, which is almost like cash for me.

I got this $200 shaver but amazon classified it as a hazardous package :rolleyes: It contains some alcohol cleaning cartridges. Can't get the gift return or any returns on that classification :( Nice shaver but I only use manual razors.

+BR-1106-01.jpg

That shaver should be an easy sell on virtually any "sales" website. I actually did a change up myself this year, going from manual to electric. Yes, the shave isn't as good, but when you're lazy like me...its better to walk around with an average shave then a full grown beard :)

I shave my head so that's why I use Gillette Fusion blades. I could sell it on ebay but I don't want to deal with a potential shady buyer. Never sold anything online, only purchased. Don't want to deal with craigslist either so I'm just going to hold onto it.

The amazon gift return would have been perfect :(

Is this an american thing? Im always grateful for what I get no matter what I get. Then again Americans believe in a fatass coming down a chimney giving presents to kids, completely missing the point of Christmas.(im not very big into religion, but at least get the idea for the holiday right)

Is this an american thing? Im always grateful for what I get no matter what I get. Then again Americans believe in a fatass coming down a chimney giving presents to kids, completely missing the point of Christmas.(im not very big into religion, but at least get the idea for the holiday right)

I'm sure the previous poster is grateful, but lets get real here....he has absolutely no need for the electric shaver. So is he obligated to use it anyways? No. Say thank you when you get the gift, then turn around and cash it in for something you need/want. I see it no differently then if someone had given you cash.
And as for Santa...you'd be very surprised to know just how few CHILDREN still believe. The whole "santa" thing is mostly tradition, and is used as a marketing symbol around holiday time.
And as for completely "missing the point" about Christmas, do a little research. This holiday has very little if anything to do with Christianity or the birth of Jesus. Just another assimilated pagan holiday. I guess December 25th was as good a time as any to celebrate the birth of Christ. But in all reality, winter festivals existed long before Christianity and most other mainstream religions today.

Ouch...kinda out of left field there chief.

Back