Sega's Sonic Returns in All Its 2D Glory

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
An official statement from Sega confirms the release of Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II in 2012. The return of Sonic will be accompanied by new characters, an expanded storyline and a reworked physics engine for the Xbox, PlayStation and mobile platforms. The little blue dude with an attitude is back. :D

worst trailer ever. no gameplay footage/screenshots AT ALL?

Oh hell yeah... this gonna be good. (well better be good :p )

Can't wait. I still have my old sega kicking around just to play Sonic when I feel like it.

Thats how it starts.

i3M2wWT0bKENn.png

And Sonic 4 episode 1 was total garbage and did not deserve to be called sonic 4 or be connected to sonic cd in any way. It didn't even look or play like sonic 3 if you call it sonic 4 you should at least make an attempt to bring some sonic 1 2 or 3 stuff to sonic 4 and they failed in every way possible.

They didnt even get the fucking physics right and it was not 2d there was crap 3d models all over the place.

If they want to fix that crap they should just pull a mega man 9 and 10 and make it look like a fucking genesis or sega CD game and correct the physics.

the classic sonic levels in sonic generations are closer what sonic 4 should have been sonic 4 should have been killed they should not even bother trying to do it again and it better be nothing like sonic 4 episode 1.

Is it coming out for PC, or only 360, PS3 and "mobile platforms"?

Couldn't find anywhere that says it will be out on PC platform.

Kind of wished they did one for PC, considering that Sonic Generations was available on PC:(

AND

WORDS

WILL

FLASH

ACROSS

THE

SCREEN

Agreed. This trailer could be made without developing a game at all, so it seems kinda pointless.

Sonic Gen on the PC is awesome, hope they bring this thing, whatever it actually looks like, to the PC.

You stop your hardware biz, you can focus on games? They're not nearly as relevant as they were 15 years ago, but still.

IS it just me or the last half of that video looked a lot like a Firefox commercial?

Sonic Generations was a pleasant surprise last year, more games like this please.

Glad to read the physics are being changed. They killed the last episode for me.

I wish I could have been in that office when the whole physics debacle went down. The guy that approved those physics probably took a beating for apparently never having played a Sonic game; I find it entertaining that a selling point for Episode 2 is that the physics are fixed, heheh.

I wonder if Christian Whitehead (Retro Engine), you know the guy that did the wonderful Sonic CD port, has anything to do with the game.

Back