10 Most Hated Movies of 2011

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wired has posted a list of the 10 Most Hated Movies of 2011. There are some pretty big stinkers on the list but there are a bunch they missed as well.

Here at Wired, we take our entertainment seriously, so we polled our staff, gathering a list of least favorite movies of 2011. These are not necessarily the worst movies of the year; some of them were quite well-reviewed, on Wired.com and elsewhere. These are merely personal opinions and gripes — a roundup of the little things that bothered us most about the past year's Hollywood creations.

WTF? No Twilight movie on the list?

....AND....while I am complaining....I actually liked Source Code....even though Jake Gyllenhaal stole that dude's body (yeah, he got screwed). :(

Just watched Source Code didn't think it was that bad. nothing great but still an ok movie. Same for Green Hornet. Thought it was an ok movie.

The Adjustment Bureau, The Green Hornet, and Transformers: Dark of the Moon were great movies.

I was really leery of trying The Green Hornet after finding out that Michel Gondry, but it was great, lots of mindless fun. I do find it extremely funny that they Compared it for the worse to a total turd of a movie(Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) though.

For some movies the author reminds me a bit of when my brother watched 2001: ASO for the first time. "Why am I watching this garbage? There's no point to this movie!" :p

Only thing I agree with in Jack & Jill. Coming from a Sandler fan, that movie was pure garbage. I even felt embarrassed for Al Pachino for his part.
Source Code, Green Lantern, Green hornet, Transformers (Deff better than the previous one) are all great films.

Couldn't finish watching Green Lantern, seriously one of the most horrible movies I have seen in ages.

....AND....while I am complaining....I actually liked Source Code....even though Jake Gyllenhaal stole that dude's body (yeah, he got screwed). :(

That guy, and everyone else on the train, would have been blown up if Gyllenhaal's character hadn't stolen that guy's body, right? He was getting screwed either way.

Totally random list. The one movie that was most hated wasn't even on that list.

Just goes to show you that people have varying different tastes.

Green Lantern, Green Hornet I'll agree with, they were pretty stupid.

Adjustment Bureau was kind of wonky, but hardly "the most horrible"

Source Code I actually liked, even if the premise was silly.
Horrible Bosses did have quite a few funny moments (Jennifer Aniston as a mega slut was kind of hot :D)
Transformers dark of the Moon... did ya see any of the other Transformer movies Michael Bay did? What exactly did you expect Shakespeare? The only really horrible thing about that movie was they once again felt the need for a love interest. Just give me mindless special effects (even if you did kind of ruin my childhood memories)

:confused: I thought Super 8 was a really good movie. Everything else I agree with as being bad, but I'm not sure if I agree with them being the most hated of 2011.

Ahaha glad someone else saw the ending as wtf

sup just hijack some guys existence for his fucking girlfriend, totally happy ending... What

I hate saying someone's opinion sucks, but really? There have been a lot of really bad movies released this year worth hating.

Green Lantern never had a chance. Reynolds is not a complex actor capable of a wide range of performances, they had to cater the role to him. Though let's be honest even in the comics Hal is a downright douchebag at times. I do feel Renyolds would have been a better Kyle or if they really wanted a totally unlikable douchebag as the star Guy.

Really? Super 8 is on the list? I can understand why people dislike the movie, but I don't think the author realizes that old Spielberg is EXACTLY what Abrams and the crew were going for. During the entire commentary track they kept talking about old Speilberg stuff and talking about the input he had on the movie. Not to mention the acting across the board was great, even from the kids while Abrams actually managed to make the movie both feel like his work and at the same time unlike any of his other movies or shows.

Green Hornet was not a good movie, but it wasn't bad. I can not stand Seth Rogan, at all, but I actually enjoyed the movie. It played to Rogan's "acting" well and it worked. Waltz's villain was so over-the-top that he was a blast to watch and it seemed like he was having a blast with the role.

Dark of the Moon wasn't that bad. It was many times better than the second and seemed to wrap up everything nicely. I'm really disappointed that Bay might be returning to do a fourth. The third pretty much put everything to bed. The best place they could go with the franchise now is a reboot. They could go the Unicron/Galvatron route, but I just don't think it will work anymore. I'm not sure exactly what the author was expecting of the movie anyway, it was never going to be some intelligent piece with good characters or great writing. Anyone expecting that out of Transformers needs their head examined.

Wow, Super 8 and Source Code? Both of those were great movies.

Regarding Source Code, he didn't "steal" the body at all...

IE - (spoilers)

It was an alternate universe, when Jake went back in time to that part, he didn't "Take" over another guys body because that guy , until then, did not exist. This is why when he called the woman, there was ANOTHER jake gyllenhaal who was in the machine. It was an alternate universe they were tapping into, it wasn't actually going BACK in time. So he took the place of a guy thhat didn't exist.

Woops, no spoiler tags here, wish I could edit that :(, sorry, I don't wanna spoil it for those that haven't seen it.

Super 8 was great. It did what they wanted it to do, be a cheesy 80's type of sci-fi. It was like the Goonies meet ET. Not amazing, but a fun movie nonetheless

Bad list. I don't know very many people who hated Super 8, Source Code, and The Adjustment Bureau. Most people and even movie critics liked those movies.

Drive sucked, too. For a movie with the word "Drive" in the title, you would have expected a few more actual chase scenes. Pointlessly violent with long awkward pauses in between, because the writers were too lazy and cheap to write an actual script with dialogue or DRIVING.

Here is Drive in a nutshell:
Main character: "Hi"
Girl: "Hi"
Main character: [stares at girl for several seconds]
Girl: [stares at main character for several seconds]
Main character: [Curbstomps someone's brain]
Totally unbelievable. I have had my real life awkward moments, but that movie was beyond stupid. Some of the songs were cool, though - one saving grace.

Source Code was downright annoying. Predictable, the main character was an idiot and the plot was depressing.

Now the new Mission Impossible... good writing, fantastic stunts, cool action scenes and special effects - good movie.

Do yourself a favor and wait for the Rotten Tomato reviews so you can vote with your wallet. It may not prevent you from seeing a dud like "Drive," but it helps filter through most of the garbage Hollywood is churning out.

Thoroughly enjoyed Drive. I knew it wasn't going to be some lowest common denominator Fast and Furious car orgy when I went and saw it, and I'm glad it wasn't.

Dialog is highly overrated; emotion is the #1 priority in a movie and Drive nailed it on so many levels.

Didn't see any of the movies on that list except for The Adjustment Bureau (which I just saw Saturday through cable on demand). I thought it was a pretty damn good movie.

Transformers - couldn't get through it. Horrible, horrible movie. I mostly used fast forward hoping it might get interesting. It didn't.
Giant robots with Jamaican accents? Robot birds that drool? - seriously???
This is the kind of shit movie that insults my intelligence.

I was honestly surprised to see Super 8 on that list, a few of the others are debatable as well but that one was about the last movie on my mind when I clicked on the link.

Oh and how about this? http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/source_code/

For one of the "most hated" movies of the year a lot of people seem to like it (92% of critics and 81% of user reviews). I haven't seen it by the way, but I have a hard time believing it's one of the worst or most hated of the year.

I've seen 7 of these movies. Source Code and Adjustment Bureau were not bad, and Horrible Bosses was fucking hilarious.

What about Beastly? That movie was a steaming pile of shit.

i pretty much agree with this list. Though i could have added more.

but my opinion is pretty much invalidated because I don't like any live action movies that have made theaters in the last few years.

sadly the last movie I actually really enjoyed was Tangled....

Transformers - couldn't get through it. Horrible, horrible movie. I mostly used fast forward hoping it might get interesting. It didn't.
Giant robots with Jamaican accents? Robot birds that drool? - seriously???
This is the kind of shit movie that insults my intelligence.

anything Michael Bay does is an insult to intelligence...that is why he does so well.

anything Michael Bay does is an insult to intelligence...that is why he does so well.

Not that Transformers is meant to be overly intelligent in the first place, but yes. I look at this the same way as GI Joe. What the hell do people expect from a franchise that was created for the express purpose of selling toys to 8-12 year old boys?

Wait, wait, wait....

Twilight over super 8? The staff at wired walk around with penises on their mouth?

I'm glad to say I only saw 1 of those in the list and that was Green Lantern. I rated it a Meh out of 10.
Really it all shows how bankrupt Hollywood writers and producers are for original ideas. Every one of those films had stories or elements borrowed from other films. The Adjustment Bureau seemed to be ripped off form the "man in the suit" from Half life.

I don't agree with the list at all (in regards to the movies I've seen):

Super 8: Excellent movie, but the ending was definitely lacking. Still fun to watch though.
Horrible Bosses: I thought it was hilarious, and I now own it on Blu-Ray (saw it twice in theaters).
Transformers 3: As usual, the writing and lines are kinda cheesey, but the visuals were excellent and the plot was not so bad. MUCH better than 2; that's for sure.

Green Lantern: I've heard this is bad, but I still bought it on Blu Ray when Amazon had it for like $8. Haven't watched it yet, but I took a chance. :p

Mediocre Movie Reviewer Rants

Some of the movies on the list weren't bad, and some were definitely stinkers. Some people love terrible movies, so there could be disagreement about every movie on the list.

i pretty much agree with this list. Though i could have added more.

but my opinion is pretty much invalidated because I don't like any live action movies that have made theaters in the last few years.

sadly the last movie I actually really enjoyed was Tangled....

Tbh, tangled was a good movie. Its my wifes favorite of recent memory. If you haven't watched super 8 go see it. Fun movie. Also, how to tame a dragon? Is that the name of that movie? Damned good movie imo

Tree of Life is one that I agreed with the most.

I watched it a week ago... never finished it.

It started out like a normal movie, and then turned into clips merged from Planet Earth and other random things.

Yes I understand it's trying to be existential and blah blah, but I was wondering.. What is this movie suppose to be about? I'm confused. I enjoy a film that takes a bit of thinking to make it stimulating, but that movie was beyond my comprehension.

Tree of Life, Hell a lot of Terrence Malick's movies, you really really have to be in the right type of mood for and some you need plenty of free time.

One of his best entry films is Days of Heaven, it's one of the shortest/easy to get films he's done and a great movie all around. Then there's The Badlands, which is his best earliest film. His epic long films are The Thing red line and The New World (I didn't much care for the NEw world myself).

Tree of life is his most obscure film to 'get" and imo I wouldn't judge his films as a whole on this one if you didn't enjoy it. I'd recommend Days of Heaven to give him a shot and if you like that badlands (starring Martin Sheen/Sissy Spacek)

Back