Lord of the Rings is going LEGO

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The Lord of the Rings franchise is not about to be outdone by the likes of Star Wars or Harry Potter, so in keeping with the tradition, LotR will be going LEGO. The characters will be based on the movies and not the books according to Warner Bros. spokesman. Joining the LotR cast in LEGOs will be the characters from the upcoming Hobbit movies to be introduced later in 2012.

The new sets are slated to be based on the Lord of the Rings film trilogy and the upcoming two-part Hobbit film.

Kind of got my hopes up they were talking Lego LOTR game....

I couldn't give less of a fuck over overpriced building blocks sets

If form follows fashion, the LEGO characters will come first and then all of the rest of the pie will follow. If there is money to be made, you can bet they will be out to get it.

Kind of got my hopes up they were talking Lego LOTR game....

I couldn't give less of a fuck over overpriced building blocks sets

If form follows fashion, the LEGO characters will come first and then all of the rest of the pie will follow. If there is money to be made, you can bet they will be out to get it.

Kind of missed my point, I was hoping for a LEGO game by Summer 2012, thinking that is what the announcement was.

If we do see a game, what will we get? Summer 2014? Or will try to milk it for all its worth 3 different games one in Summer 2014, one in Winter 2014, and the last in 2015... then when the Hobbit comes out re-release all 4 as a mega pack!

Actually, would be cool to get a Minis Tirith lego set or Helmdeep.

Not sure about the lego characters themselves as I would be more excited over the actual sets themselves

BTW, if this is popular enough, most likely we will see a LEGO: LoTR game in no time.

Wow considering how old the movies are now LEGO sets are kinda late in the game aren't they?

Not only that but I'd think that if you're a child playing with LEGO's you probably don't even know what Lord of the Rings is at this point.

That and a game would have been so much better!

I don't know...just seems too little too late!

Back