Microsoft and Nissan Establish Strategic Relationship

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft and Nissan today announced a strategic relationship to collaborate and create a next-generation dealer management system based on Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Using the powerful foundation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and the automotive industry expertise of Nissan, the two companies will blend dealer and customer relationship management and social collaboration tools into a solution that will help Nissan develop a stronger relationship with its customers, drive dealer sales and increase market share on a global scale. The solution will then utilize the Windows Azure platform, taking advantage of the economies of scale and flexibility offered by Microsoft’s public cloud offerings.

Hmm, will give real meaning to blue screen of *DEATH*, when your car reboots while driving down the autobahn!

Hmm, will give real meaning to blue screen of *DEATH*, when your car reboots while driving down the autobahn!

Apparently you didn't even read the blurb.

I didn't read the article, but it sounds to me like it is going to be Nissan's new dealership platform.

Also sounds like it is going to be used to spam customers with emails from Nissan.

Apparently you didn't even read the blurb.

I didn't read the article, but it sounds to me like it is going to be Nissan's new dealership platform.

Also sounds like it is going to be used to spam customers with emails from Nissan.

Yes, CRM = squeezing more profit out of each customer. And no, this isn't an in-car system, sheesh how bad is it when even the blurb doesn't get read?

I wrote software for dealiships a few years ago.

One huge obstacle is that many dealerships push their own package from above and make it sound nearly impossible to use a different vendor.

One big plus is that pretty much all dealerships do the same thing and their software needs are nearly identical.

That being said... the biggest challenge facing dealerships' software is not their CRM or their sales system but the service system and there aren't very many good ones.

Back