U.S. Judge Denies Apple's Request to Ban Samsung Products

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Apple’s request for an injunction against Samsung products remaining on the shelves during the legal battle over patent infringement was denied on Friday. The decision will allow Samsung products to remain on sale over the upcoming lucrative Christmas shopping season and remain in place until the matter is settled in court next July.

"This ruling confirms our long-held view that Apple's arguments lack merit," a Samsung spokesman said. "In particular, the court has recognized that Samsung has raised substantial questions about the validity of certain Apple design patents.

Finally, Apple's douche tactics are coming back to bite them in the ass. Go Samsung!!! :D

Sensible judges? In this time of corruption!? Really?

That judge is far from sensible. He dares to allow the continued sacrilege of sanctified products like the iPhone and iPad from the Almighty Apple! He condones the actions of the heretics!

:D

Apple knows it will get it's ass handed to it in a fair fight, these tactics reek of desperation.

Good. I hate Apple. Not because their products are shit but because their practices make me want to puke.

Judging by Apple's vague-as-can-be patents anyone attempting to make a tablet computer or smart phone other than Apple is in violation.

Finally, Apple's douche tactics are coming back to bite them in the ass. Go Samsung!!! :D

Hardly coming back to bite them... this is a minor setback. It didn't say anything about them having to pay anything right? Just that Samsung doesn't have to stop sales.

Apple knows it will get it's ass handed to it in a fair fight, these tactics reek of desperation.
Hardly... they have gotten quite a following after them, and they are overly expensive... Even if their sales are halved, I doubt they'd be in the hole.

Judging by Apple's vague-as-can-be patents anyone attempting to make a tablet computer or smart phone other than Apple is in violation.
Indeed... Patents seem to suck, the more people find ways to broaden it... The people at the patent office need to be smacked.

Good. I hate Apple. Not because their products are shit but because their practices make me want to puke.
Sad to say, but they definitely aren't the only ones... it just seems they are more pronounced than the others nowadays...

I call this more than a minor setback for Apple: Apple was surely hoping (banking on is more like it) that they could keep this tablet off the X-Mas shelves. That alone would be worth a lot of green. That's what they are doing in Australia as well, trying to, at the minimum, keep the tablet off the shelves this holiday season. It's a huge $$$ victory for Apple to do so.

This battle between 2 evil... Wouldn't it be great if Nokia entered the notebook/tablet convertible market? The ASUS Transformer didn't get too much attention I believe. Windows 8 would be the OS. At least this will disrupt Apple's and Samsung's attention.

I had a friend visit 6 different stores in 3 counties in order to buy an iphone with a contract yesterday. The things are still sold out, or in short supply all over the place. Stores keep iphones locked in safes, while all androids get left in a regular old stock room.

These companies are partners, samsung supply so much hardware to apple. The costs of their litigation gets passed onto consumers anyway. Not a problem for apple, since mac-tards will buy up any crap they release regardless of price, not so w/ samsung. Apple may've lost here, but in a way they still won.

Oh no, the reality distortion field is disappating pretty fast! Surely, there must be some way to strength the field before it's gone entirely?

Perhaps Apple could explain how a tablet wouldn't resemble the iPad in some way, given that the core features of a tablet would be a touchscreen that dominates the majority of the front of the device, with a bezel around the touchable area of the screen...

:rolleyes:

Good. While their products are OK, I believe Apple is the single largest threat to a healthy electronics industry. An Apple monopoly on anything would be the darkest kind of evil this world has seen.

Oh no, the reality distortion field is disappating pretty fast! Surely, there must be some way to strength the field before it's gone entirely?

There is: raise Steve Jobs up as a zombie. The RDF seems to have powered directly by him. And I am sure zombie powers will super-charge it! :D

Back