Small is Beautiful: 10 Years of the Mini-ITX

HardOCP News

[H] News
To celebrate the ten year anniversary of the Mini-ITX form factor, VIA has released the "Small is Beautiful, 10 Years of Mini-ITX eBook" that includes the history of the platform, a look into the future and dozens of pictures of mods that featured a mini-ITX motherboard.

The Mini-ITX form factor was first introduced on November 6th, 2001. Since then the Mini-ITX has gone on to revolutionize the industry and compact, power efficient computing. The Mini-ITX has inspired innovation and creativity for a decade now and is still going strong. To celebrate VIA has released the “Small is Beautiful, 10 Years of Mini-ITX” eBook which includes a look back at the history of the platform, past mods inspired by these revolutionary small motherboards, and a look ahead to what lies in store for VIA’s beloved Mini-ITX. This gallery is a collection of images of the mods featured in the book as well as some of the important VIA Mini-ITX boards form the past ten years.

I hadn't realized how much power you can fit into a tiny little computer until I built my llano machine with an itx board.

it's a really neat platform to work on, all be it cramped.

So where is the eBook already? I can see only a gallery of pictures on the VIA site link.

Will someone release a decent z68 board already! (or Intel X79) :D

Would be nice to have an sli dtx board too...

^^^^ Same! I really want to build one with an external water cooling tower. It would looks COOL!

Back