Black Friday Online Shopping Leaps 26%

HardOCP News

[H] News
Online shopping on Black Friday was up 26% compared to last year. I guess all the people that cut back on shopping during the year just decided to splurge on BF!

Consumers in the U.S. spent $816 million online on Black Friday, a 26 percent increase over 2010's Black Friday, according to ComScore data released today. The results buttress numbers released Saturday by IBM Coremetrics that showed online sales on Black Friday grew by 24.3 percent compared with the same period last year.

I'd say the sales are up because the deals didn't suck fat wiener this year. Last year wasn't nearly as good as this year, IMHO. Sales reflect it... tho I'd like to see profit margins, not just sales $ amounts. Somehow I doubt that number percentage wise is very good, especially on the electronics.

i jumped on the 159 dell streak. No $99 hp tablet, but good tablet for the money.

I'd say sales are up because times are hard, might seem contradictory but people NEED cheaper stuff, and are more willing to fight harsh crowds to get it.

I'd say sales are up because times are hard, might seem contradictory but people NEED cheaper stuff, and are more willing to fight harsh crowds to get it.

We have to fight harsh crowds when doing online shopping????

another reason they were up was the reason that people where saying for the last week. Instead of sales just being 4am to 10am or whatever the normal time is, they started at 9 or 10pm on Thursday and went till Friday 10am or whatever. So they tripled their hours. of course if you do that you will see more sells during that time frame. People have been saying that was the reason for them moving the start of sales on Thursday was to be able to make it appear they were getting more $$ from their sales.

Don't you mean WANT? The majority of people were looking to buy stuff they didn't need, while maxing out their credit cards in the process. It's the American sheeple way: buy shit you don't need with money you don't have.

Don't you mean WANT? The majority of people were looking to buy stuff they didn't need, while maxing out their credit cards in the process. It's the American sheeple way: buy shit you don't need with money you don't have.

Americanism at its finest need = want, even if you can't afford it :)

Agreed. People rush out, spending a shitload more than they have to and just get themselves into debt. They could spent $75 - $100 on their kids or less or whatever they can afford and it would be fine. You don't have to get your kids laptop, iphones, and spent $1000 per child every year. That is the reason people are in the position they are now. wasting more money than they have to. Same for anything else. you don't have to get all that stuff, 60 inch tvs, $500 mixers. you buy what you can truely afford and need.

Yep.. my total spendings was $0.. tho I really wanted that BF3 for 29.99, hopefully they offer it again for christmas, but I fail as an american and won't spend money I don't have... and christmas shopping has it tied up for now.

The deals just straight up not good....their trying for foruce SKU's that we don't want....the real SKUs are not on sale at all, there just putting trash in front of us and saying "SALE".....I swear to god when I saw that Best Buy had good numbers for black friday I can honestly say I got a pit in my stomach.

Back