EZ-Steady Camera Stabilizer Receives KickStarter Support

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
An amateur film maker has developed an easy to use and easy to set up camera stabilizer that will be relatively inexpensive for the job it does. Through the help of Kickstarter, an online funding pledge site, the inventor has a good chance of seeing his steadycam platform make it all the way into the marketplace. Kickstarter has been instrumental in helping many starving student inventors bring their inventions to market without an investor base.

That is actually really cool. This is the kind of stuff we need to support.

One of the best small steady mounts, though he makes it seem better than a glidecam system, which makes me chuckle.

I'll stick with the flycam nano I got for $100 less than what these will sell for.

The market for dslr stabilizers is seriously saturated right now, I'm honestly surprised this guy has received $30,000 in backing money for his version.

Its nice to see young people have some ambition in this time in age. Might get one once I get my new dslr in next week. He stars shipping in 3rd week of January.

uhhh, the end bit when he's walking that's shot w/ the easy steady.... didn't look that great to me :/

Yeah, this has been around for a while... works great, now he just beat the DIY'ers to the punch. I hope this doesn't start a trend of people ripping DIY stuff.

Yeah, this has been around for a while... works great, now he just beat the DIY'ers to the punch. I hope this doesn't start a trend of people ripping DIY stuff.

Indeed, this design has been used for years by amateur and pro alike.

Boring; it's not even actively stabilized. Which is actually not impossibly hard to do these days.

Back