Microsoft Signs NDA To Look At Yahoo's Books?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Noooo! Don't do it Microsoft...it's a trap! The software giant should consider itself lucky they didn't end up buying Yahoo back when it made that $44B bid a few years ago.

Microsoft's interest in Yahoo today is likely focused on ensuring that the search and ad deal remains intact. If the company ultimately bids for Yahoo, it would likely be in concert with another buyer or buyers. The Times reports that Microsoft held talks with potential partners including a consortium led by Silver Lake and the Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board. Microsoft declined to comment on the report, and Yahoo didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

let yahoo die already. they havnt updated some products since i was in highschool. they have many of the same games from the late 90's even lol.

yahoo is as great as an investment as aol was for TW. yes you have a "large customer base" but 80% of the customers are fake/spam accounts as well.

i stopped using yahoo when they started turning in political refugees to the communists in china. GRANDMA YOUR GOING TO A FORCED PRISON LABOR CAMP because you think chairmen meow looks like a lady.

People are still investing in Yahoo? I thought after all of Jerry Yang's antics that investors would have all but disappeared by now.

potential partners including a consortium led by Silver Lake and the Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board.

Sign me up! And whatevers left of my money invest it in insurance companies that issue credit default swaps!!

Nah I prefer banks that charge obnoxious fees and spend bailout money on hookers, cocain and people to clean up the dead hookers.

let yahoo die already. they havnt updated some products since i was in highschool. they have many of the same games from the late 90's even lol.

yahoo is as great as an investment as aol was for TW. yes you have a "large customer base" but 80% of the customers are fake/spam accounts as well.

i stopped using yahoo when they started turning in political refugees to the communists in china. GRANDMA YOUR GOING TO A FORCED PRISON LABOR CAMP because you think chairmen meow looks like a lady.

Yahoo updated their webmail a couple of years ago and have another refresh round the corner. I find their spam filtering and virus scanning to be very good. 'My Yahoo' gives me my rss feeds, bookmarks and email in one place, colour coded to match my corporate intranet (at a glance)

I know Yahoo isn't 'cool' like Google, but i'm happy with their service.

As for the China thing, I've not got the time nor inclination to do detailed research, but a quck scan of the relevant wiki pages indicates that on one occasion someone in their Hong Kong office was a bit too quick to cooperate without asking enough questions when Bejing told them they were looking for a spy. Not saying what they did was ok, but it's hardly a corporate culture of oppresion.

Back