Black Friday 2011: Games and Console Deals

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
On your mark, get set and go…..the deals will be just about everywhere on Black Friday for those intrepid adventurers fearless enough to take on the horde mobs. Neowin has done some of the preliminary shopping for you to plan out your route of attack. :D

I have now gotten to the point where I'd rather spend the money online than have to deal with huge long lines starting at 0-dark-thirty and unruly mobs only to have a 50-50 chance of getting whatever the doorbuster/low-priced item is they're selling.

I can always hope an online retailer will have a Black Friday or a Cyber Monday sale, though truth is, I've run out of needs, and am mostly out of wants too. Guess it's time for me to use Thanksgiving to really give thanks. :)

I have now gotten to the point where I'd rather spend the money online than have to deal with huge long lines starting at 0-dark-thirty and unruly mobs only to have a 50-50 chance of getting whatever the doorbuster/low-priced item is they're selling.

I can always hope an online retailer will have a Black Friday or a Cyber Monday sale, though truth is, I've run out of needs, and am mostly out of wants too. Guess it's time for me to use Thanksgiving to really give thanks. :)

Yeah I don't get it the big deal about BF and CM. Are people really getting deals? It seems like the really good ones like the $200 Sharp 42" TV are going to be impossible to get, the "discounted" prices aren't that great compared to the normal ones, or most of the stuff on sale is just crap that stores are trying to get rid of.

Has anyone really gotten anything good from these sales of late?

Yeah I don't get it the big deal about BF and CM. Are people really getting deals? It seems like the really good ones like the $200 Sharp 42" TV are going to be impossible to get, the "discounted" prices aren't that great compared to the normal ones, or most of the stuff on sale is just crap that stores are trying to get rid of.

Has anyone really gotten anything good from these sales of late?

I usually get some pretty good discounts on blu-ray movies or other small items, but as far as TVs, etc. go the deals are usually all on crap low-end models.

O-dark-thirty, that brings back memories of going to the rifle range and waiting 30 minutes for the sun to come up.

Does Steam celebrate BF/CM? Or they they just not bother since Christmas sales are right around the corner?

Back