Star Trek Online Going Free-to-Play in January 2012

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Perfect World Entertainment has announced that the date of free-to-play Star Trek will not happen this year end as previously promised, but will be up and running on January 17th, 2012. There was no reason given for the delay, but free is good and worth waiting for.

Free to play maybe, but most likely will involved pay to play later or at least pay for premium gear that even free to play can never get.

They are slowing down the economy in the game. Where before people could take a few weeks, level up their toon and get really good gear for emblems and marks (Weapons, Shields, Engines, ect ect...) Now with the switch to a new currency, it is going to cost triple for any decent gear. The grind just becomes long and arduas. I am a lifer in the game and strictly do PvP (Which is some of the best space combat I have ever seen) But PvP has not been touched in a year...so I have given up on the time for the time being....

We shall see....

If this had come out before SWTOR, I would have taken a look.But January 17 is more than 24 days too late.

When IE9 was determined to be the cause of STO not loading anymore for me by their tech support after having IE9 since beta with no issues I canceled my account. Hated away missions absolutely loved the space battles.

Back