Stupid Criminal of the Day: Modern Warfare 3 Edition

HardOCP News

[H] News
What do you do when your local Best Buy runs out of copies of Modern Warfare 3? If you selected C.) Bomb Threat, your prize is a pair of shiny silver bracelets. :eek:

After 31-year-old Loromin Sar was informed that his local Best Buy in Aurora, Colorado ran out of copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, his first thought was to inform store employees that he would be back to blow up the store with some sort of explosive device. He also informed several Best Buy employees that he would return as they got off work in order to shoot them.

All for a terrible console port that really just amounts to paying $60 for a "Content patch".

People are unbelievably stupid.

I'm starting to think these stories are fake, being made up by Activision's marketing to get more sales. First the dude getting threatened at gun point for his copy and now this? I wouldn't put it past them. :s

You hear about the story of the guy walking into BB and pooping all over the MW3 display?

This story is being taken out of context. I read another article last night where they actually interviewed the guy and from what I can tell he never made any direct bomb threat. The store manager fucked him over by selling his already paid for and reserved copy to someone else. The store manager also removed all traces of his reservation from their computer. In a moment anger the dude said he would like to blow them up for fucking him over. That's not the same as if he had said I will blow you up as all these articles are trying to make it look. Sure, he was out of line and said things he shouldn't out of anger but the manager at that store is a complete douchebag.

This story is being taken out of context. I read another article last night where they actually interviewed the guy and from what I can tell he never made any direct bomb threat. The store manager fucked him over by selling his already paid for and reserved copy to someone else. The store manager also removed all traces of his reservation from their computer. In a moment anger the dude said he would like to blow them up for fucking him over. That's not the same as if he had said I will blow you up as all these articles are trying to make it look. Sure, he was out of line and said things he shouldn't out of anger but the manager at that store is a complete douchebag.

Yep, saw that same story on the local news last night. Plenty of blame to go around on this one. As for the store manager being a DB, how is that different from any other BB???

Yep, saw that same story on the local news last night. Plenty of blame to go around on this one. As for the store manager being a DB, how is that different from any other BB???

Seriously... even if he had paid his copy , you just cant threat anyone at your own will. Im glad the guys got arrested. If he had been more ''professionnal'' unlike the bestbuy employee , he would have got a better ending.

Manager is a double douchebag. You would have to be one in order to rise to management level at ebb.

I assume the manager also doctored the security camera footage so the kid didn't show up, and he also paid off everyone else in the store so they would tell the police they never saw him there.

Seriously... even if he had paid his copy , you just cant threat anyone at your own will. Im glad the guys got arrested. If he had been more ''professionnal'' unlike the bestbuy employee , he would have got a better ending.

Agreed, but how pissed would you be if you really wanted something, had preordered it and then had it sold out from under you? I think most of us have said somewthing in anger that we regretted later. He's just regretting it a bit more than most.

1. POS Console Port.

2. Bought or preordered at BB!!

3. Rage over BB policy and Proceedure?

Definitely not worth it.

Why even shop at that shit box store? Equally, Gamestop or EB has it at the same price, if you really want to pay that much for a stupid game. Step in one box or the other makes no difference, you will be standing in a pile of steaming crapola.

Guy was definitely an idiot for the words he used but I also think most of the news stories are using creative writing to make more out of it. I bet Activision and Kotick are loving the press.

I can see the new tag for MW3 "This game is so good you would blow up a store to get it!"

Here is Sar's interview with 9 News in Denver.

Sar's interview on Denver's 9 News.

A crazy person that would set a bomb in a store or kill a Best Buy employee for that (or any other reason) wouldn't make threats, they would just do it.

I assume the manager also doctored the security camera footage so the kid didn't show up, and he also paid off everyone else in the store so they would tell the police they never saw him there.

Not seeing him claim that he wasn't in the store, so not sure what your point is.

I'm more inclined to believe that some BB employees are complete scumbags slandering a customer to avoid their failures than that someone is really so crazy that they'll spout off such irrational and impractical threats over a game they'll have to wait a few more days to get.

A professional customer? lol?

P.S. Websters Pro

Always thought most recent COD fans where social idiots who flock to each installment of the same game. lmao

I'm starting to think these stories are fake, being made up by Activision's marketing to get more sales. First the dude getting threatened at gun point for his copy and now this? I wouldn't put it past them. :s

You must have missed the truck driver in France being maced, and the 3000 copies he was shipping being stolen?

fucking oath, i wouldnt put it past those pricks to buy copy's of their own game to pump it up even more

If I did this, and the police came, i'd just play it off that I want my copy of the game and the employers are gone stark crazy saying things about me to cause a fuss.

With any luck confusion ensues, although I guess in the end it might lead to a camera view or something.

Lol otherwise, dumbarse. But honestly, sad if you Pre-order and it turns out...you didn't even get your copy. But threats lol

Stupid and MW go together pretty nicely. He was probably wanting buying it for XBOX.

I probably would have just done it the old fashion way and punched the store manager in the face.

The amount of hype the console noobs put on Crap of Duty is hilarious. The games are ass and represent everything that is wrong with First person shooters today and why they suck so bad now.

I'm confused -- the local walmart had about 70 copies for 360/PS3/PC just sitting there -- no mad rush to get them no craziness.

If you are dumb enough to threaten to kill and bomb a place like that you deserve to be raped in prison. Whoever this loser is will have plenty of time to think about it while he's tossing bubba's salad.

At least in a perfect world he would go to jail, or at the very least be publicly whipped or something.

I'm more inclined to believe that some BB employees are complete scumbags slandering a customer to avoid their failures than that someone is really so crazy that they'll spout off such irrational and impractical threats over a game they'll have to wait a few more days to get.

Every Best Buy manager I've talked to has been a complete douche.

Well, being a COD player, the workers would have been safe because he would have thought he could get a bullet hit from 200 yards away with a pistol.

Back