Art + Video Projection = Psychedelic Trip

Wow ... cool mind blowing ... too early in the morning though :D

Psychedelic Trip??? :rolleyes:

I'm sick of everything of artistic or free formed nature dealing with color being labeled "psychedelic".

What a "psychedelic trip" hippies experimenting with LSD and staring at lava lamps and crap like that.

The next time I'm watching Milk Drop while playing some MP3 on WinAmp and someone says "ohhhhh, psychedelic" I'm going to punch them in the face.

Psychedelic Trip??? :rolleyes:

I'm sick of everything of artistic or free formed nature dealing with color being labeled "psychedelic".

What a "psychedelic trip" hippies experimenting with LSD and staring at lava lamps and crap like that.

The next time I'm watching Milk Drop while playing some MP3 on WinAmp and someone says "ohhhhh, psychedelic" I'm going to punch them in the face.

Wow -- some anger issues you have.

Tell me, how is it you know those experiences are not like an acid trip? Myself I wouldn't know one way or another.

Wow -- some anger issues you have.

Tell me, how is it you know those experiences are not like an acid trip? Myself I wouldn't know one way or another.

I don't care what you experience on an acid trip. I'm sure you have a similar experience after drinking gasoline.

But I think it SUCKS for people to label art forms or whatever a label assigned to a bunch of flea bitten hippies on a drug trip. As if it's only appeal is for someone of that sort. :rolleyes:

I don't care what you experience on an acid trip. I'm sure you have a similar experience after drinking gasoline.

But I think it SUCKS for people to label art forms or whatever a label assigned to a bunch of flea bitten hippies on a drug trip. As if it's only appeal is for someone of that sort. :rolleyes:
I don't do drugs and I like to call this psychedelic. Little did I know that all this time I've been associating with "flea bitten hippies on a drug trip" because I like lava lamps and art like this. It doesn't even bother me that hippies might enjoy this art too, particularly while they're on a drug trip.

The Way of Truth and the Way of Opinion.

This has nothing to do with hippies, it's art inspired by greek philosophy, drink some coffee.

The Way of Truth and the Way of Opinion.

This has nothing to do with hippies, it's art inspired by greek philosophy, drink some coffee.

WHAT??

I'm sure the artists intent was anything but providing a Psychedelic Trip. They would probably be offended if their hard work was described like that.
But read the title of the thread: Art + Video Projection = Psychedelic Trip. That sucks.
Words mean things. And "psychedelic trip" is a clear reference to a hippie drug culture. Would you like your work be be labeled as nothing more than fodder for for cheap thrills?
I don't think so.

I think you all should go eat some acid and chill the fuck out.

Peace
-k

Oh man this is totally psychedelic and trippy, I feel like watching this while doing LSD while wearing smelly old clothes and rolling around in fleas.

I think you all should go eat some acid and chill the fuck out.

Peace
-k

LOL! You beat me to it.

To Dr. Righteous (indeed)...the artist is the one that sent me the link with the psychedelic trip reference. Maybe he is a flea bitten hippy on a drug trip that likes to make light sculptures? Have you ever seen any of Dev's other work?

http://vimeo.com/19817933

WHAT??

I'm sure the artists intent was anything but providing a Psychedelic Trip. They would probably be offended if their hard work was described like that.
But read the title of the thread: Art + Video Projection = Psychedelic Trip. That sucks.
Words mean things. And "psychedelic trip" is a clear reference to a hippie drug culture. Would you like your work be be labeled as nothing more than fodder for for cheap thrills?
I don't think so.

Parmenides = Greek classical philosopher. He wrote a lot about perception vs. reason.

I'm not sure how you know the artists intent, though.

Don't let me forget to stay off your lawn, too...

From the preview image, I kept thinking it was a tech demo of 'bit' from TRON...

I was there, you are right. To the idiot gasoline sucker in an early comment. You might want to try some peace and love.

You are making many assumptions not based on any facts. It is also clear you have trouble reading entire posts before responding to them.

Maybe, if you were to calm down you might find someone willing to sound out all the words for you.

Back