Jimmy Wales Mistaken for Julian Assange

HardOCP News

[H] News
Jimmy Wales mistaken for Julian Assange by immigration officials? At first I was like "but they don't look anything alike" and then I realized it was because of the Wikipedia / Wikileaks names. ;)

UK immigration officials thought they had caught the infamous Julian Assange bail jumping earlier this year. Officials were absolutely stunned when a bloke showed up at a UK airport claiming to be the CEO of Wikipedia. To the surprised officials, this would have meant that Assange, in a desperate bid to avoid a court appearance in Sweden on charges of being the world's worst date, managed to board a plane in the US without a passport.

They realized their mistake when doing the rectal exam and found that Wales did not have the enlarged prostate that Assange is known to have. They did, however, find the 4 grams of cocaine stashed up there using a magnum sized condom.

They're not the first person/entity I've seen that confuses Wikipedia with Wikileaks...

That article is barely longer than the headline and yet it has Spinal Tap and Dr Who references... The writer must be one bored geek. :D

Back