Dead Island Developers Trademark "Dead World"

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you liked Dead Island, you’re going to love the sequel. Wait, what? Sequel? Dead Island was just released and now they have a sequel? Well, not really, but it looks like Techland is moving in that direction. A trademark was filed last week for the name Dead World….it’s not too hard to connect the dots. :D

fuck yeah man the game is pretty awesome. it has some flaws but overall it was a very solid release.

After reading several reviews for Dead Island, I will wait for it to hit the bargain bin - if I get it at all.

It did have a great trailer though.

Game was functionally a piece of lukewarm shit.

I don't think it yet works well in Eyefinity or Surround.

Thanks to the Widescreengamingforum community alot of fixes were available to help it. The developers turned a cold shoulder to fixes.

After paying full price on this steaming POS game, Techland will never get another dime from me.

After reading several reviews for Dead Island, I will wait for it to hit the bargain bin - if I get it at all.

It did have a great trailer though.

The game is fun, but holy crap is it buggy.

The game was pretty fun for awhile and could have been great if they put more time into it. Techland, however, has left a bad taste in my mouth for the following reasons:

1) They basically patched Dead Island twice and still didn't fix game-breaking issues (like thrown weapons disappearing when throwing weapons is like half the combat), and there's no communication from them whether there are going to be more patches or what.

2) Still have not released the Arena DLC and there's been no talk about it from Techland.

3) Still no "special gift" for the day 1 buyers that they promised due to the beta release fuckup.

Now they're trying to move on to some (potentially) MMO shit? Sorry Techland, you've lost most of my respect already and I won't be buying from you in the future (at least not at full price).

I enjoy playing the campaign, and the occasional co-op. Still, its pretty buggy and I am going not going to pre-order any of their games after that disaster. They need to fix the game, or I'm avoiding anything else from them. Of course, then Sword of the Stars 2 goes through the same mess almost.

Dead World, sounds more like an MMO rather than a squeal

Dead Island is amazing BUT only if you play with friends.

But if they make an MMO I won't be playing it.

everybody I know that bought it on release day doesn't play it anymore at all.

True, the game had very little replayability in a way. Its a reasonably fun open-world RPG-ish zombie game with a skill tree//some development options. The downside is having a one-hit-kills move for 2-3 classes made the whole game a bit .... disappointing in that it can be unlocked by lvl 10 and then its repeating a jump kick + stomp over and over again to win.

I hope that they fix the PC multiplayer before going out and making something now. Else, I probably won't purchase it.

Glad I never purchased the first one. My friend did though, and I fear to bring that game up around her. If they fix the first one, maybe I'll buy it and the second one as well.

To the devs and pubs of the world:
While I understand that games are incredibly difficult and time consuming to make, and that all games have bugs, the number and level of the bugs in Dead Island just seems unacceptable. You are training PC gamers to wait and see on every game you produce. You will lose those high margin first month sales if you gain a rep for buggy crap that you don't fix for months if at all. Or even worse people will just let your games drop off their personal radar permanently. The somewhat higher standards of PC Gamers, and the low moral standards of pirates, are not the biggest issue with PC games today. It's you devs and pubs putting out broken shit then not fixing it in a timely fashion if ever..

I guess we'll see if they release the Arena DLC they said was coming out this month. Then I can see if the last shred of respect I have for them disappears or not, lol.

How can anyone have any confidence in this bunch after the mess that Dead Island is? I wouldn't pay $10 for another game from them.

Glad I never purchased the first one. My friend did though, and I fear to bring that game up around her. If they fix the first one, maybe I'll buy it and the second one as well.

To the devs and pubs of the world:
While I understand that games are incredibly difficult and time consuming to make, and that all games have bugs, the number and level of the bugs in Dead Island just seems unacceptable. You are training PC gamers to wait and see on every game you produce. You will lose those high margin first month sales if you gain a rep for buggy crap that you don't fix for months if at all. Or even worse people will just let your games drop off their personal radar permanently. The somewhat higher standards of PC Gamers, and the low moral standards of pirates, are not the biggest issue with PC games today. It's you devs and pubs putting out broken shit then not fixing it in a timely fashion if ever..

+1+1+1+1 Excellent you nailed it. I'm keeping my $$$ in my pocket until I read forums like this, with opinions from experienced users before I buy. I don't even trust the review sites anymore, after seeing some of the ratings or the convenient non-ratings for certain games.

Back