Hotmail Has 2M New Accounts All Thanks to Apple

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hotmail is gaining 100K accounts per day thanks to iOS devices?!? Hah! Now that is too funny.

Although we’ve had this support for a year already, with the release of iOS 5 it is now even easier to set up Hotmail on your iPhone or iPad. Since the release of iOS 5, more than 2 million customers have connected Hotmail to iPhones or iPads, and we’re just getting started—almost 100,000 new iOS 5 devices are being set up with Hotmail every day.

2 million customers...2,000,000...yet it's 100,000 new ones every day...did this start 20 days ago? :p

Oh dear, that's really funny. Apple, if I fall off a chair and bruise myself, can I sue you for it? :D

It's hoax I guess, if 100k iOS devices per day are associated with hotmail account, what about the rest? Are there 500k iPhones sold every day? I don't think so.

How the hell does iOS 5 make it easier to set up an email account on an iPhone/iPad?! I had nooooo problem setting it up before iOS 5... are people really that stupid? (somewhat rhetorical)

What is newsworthy or funny about this? Get over your fetish with all things Apple, it's getting weird in here.

How the hell does iOS 5 make it easier to set up an email account on an iPhone/iPad?! I had nooooo problem setting it up before iOS 5... are people really that stupid? (somewhat rhetorical)

There's an option for HOTMAIL now when you go to mail setup. Basically, you don't have to manually type in a mail server address. That's it...make it simple for the tech dumb and they come in droves...

and yeah...they're not talking new accounts here...just that people are actually setting up hotmail on their iphones under ios 5. It probably wasn't even trackable before since there was no easy setup hotmail option. This is just a pure give me some cheap publicity announcement from MS>

beleive it or not, hotmail email is not as bad as many think.... would love to hear the legit reasons why people hate hotmail / yahoo mail...

beleive it or not, hotmail email is not as bad as many think.... would love to hear the legit reasons why people hate hotmail / yahoo mail...

Last time I saw a friends hotmail/msn/live web interface it was horrible. Cluttered clustfrak with ads and of course tons of spam. Yahoo mail was ok back before gmail was an nvite only beta but nowadays I wouldn't seriously use any of yahoo's products because it really seams like they are on their deathbed as a company.

I use hotmail for my non-personal email account. (Amazon, Newegg, etc) It works ok, the interface is overly cluttered to me (I prefer gmail) and since the last update external pictures load very, very slowly. Since I use it exclusively for marketing email this makes it very frustrating for me. I'm too lazy to switch at the moment though but that's my complaint.

It's hoax I guess, if 100k iOS devices per day are associated with hotmail account, what about the rest? Are there 500k iPhones sold every day? I don't think so.

around 363,000. Keep in mind we have no real idea how Google counts an 'activation' so 550,000 may not be legit.

And the numbers are just from people who've linked their account to the mail app. the 100,000 is new users. Twitter also saw similar numbers of new accounts.

Back