Google Does A Barrel Roll

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like Google has just heard of the (infamous) term "do a barrel roll." I couldn't get this to work in IE but Google Chrome and Firefox work fine. Thanks to everyone that sent this one in. :cool:

I say "do a barrel roll" all the freaking time, late for work? do a barrel role, girlfriend broke up with you? do a barrel roll, get cancer? do a barrel roll.

I have no idea why I latched onto this particular meme, but I love it.

I think it's stupid they didn't make it work in IE. I'm using IE10 in the Win8 DP which obviously supports CSS3 and HTML5. They must have arbitrarily turned it off on purpose if the agent string is IE. Lame. No Google, I will not switch to your browser just to see this stupid trick.

That was awesome lol. When I first read it I thought only the logo would do it but woah was I in for a surprise.

I think it's stupid they didn't make it work in IE. I'm using IE10 in the Win8 DP which obviously supports CSS3 and HTML5. They must have arbitrarily turned it off on purpose if the agent string is IE. Lame. No Google, I will not switch to your browser just to see this stupid trick.

Supports is a very broad term, especially when it comes to HTML5. There is no browser out there that fully supports it 100%. In fact, there will be no browser that will fully support it for quite some time, if ever, since this new standard is an ever-changing beast.

So yeah... I think there's a good reason why it doesn't work on it.

http://findmebyip.com/litmus

Yeah, because the burden is one Google for Microsoft's browser to work in HTML5/CSS3. :rolleyes:

Huh.
seems like I completely missed this meme.

Then again, I've never been to 4chan.

It seems like a silly place.

Zarathustra[H];1037976521 said:
Huh.
seems like I completely missed this meme.

Then again, I've never been to 4chan.

It seems like a silly place.

This "meme" is much older than 4chan. This is a reference to the very first Starfox game for SNES. You had 3 wingmen in the game, none of which really flew alongside you. In fact only one actually shows up once or twice, the rest of the time you just get radio messages from them in the form of their little avatar showing up in the corner of the screen with captions. The most annoying and useless one was from your rabbit wingman named Peppy, who would suggest you "do a barrel roll" for whatever the present situation was. To this day I still hate Peppy for being so useless.

This "meme" is much older than 4chan. This is a reference to the very first Starfox game for SNES. You had 3 wingmen in the game, none of which really flew alongside you. In fact only one actually shows up once or twice, the rest of the time you just get radio messages from them in the form of their little avatar showing up in the corner of the screen with captions. The most annoying and useless one was from your rabbit wingman named Peppy, who would suggest you "do a barrel roll" for whatever the present situation was. To this day I still hate Peppy for being so useless.

Ahh, explains it.

I haven't really played console games since the original NES.

(I made an exception for Katamari Damacy for the Playstation 2)

What? Granted, I haven't played Starfox in aaaaaages but I swear barrel rolls avoided enemy fire? Maybe that was only N64.

Also in the first Starfox doing a barrel roll was the only way to shake off an enemy that appeared in one level and would clamp onto your ship like a metroid.

WARNING, that google gravity is NSFW!!! jesus...

Me neither. Maybe Google Gravity doesn't use Safe Search and you used a search topic that can be used in an adult manner?

sorry have to post it
JyfSw.jpg

Back