Walmart Gives Gamers Early Access to CoD: Modern Warfare 3

HardOCP News

[H] News
Walmart will give gamers early access to play the hottest new game for the holidays, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3, with tournaments in more than 2,700 stores beginning at 8 p.m. (local time) on Monday, Nov. 7, 2011. Additionally, gamers can earn “Mega XP” time, consisting of 90-minutes of double experience points, with every purchase of specially-marked 20-packs of Mountain Dew®, exclusively at Walmart.

hell, you can already get it a certain KMart stores across the country. Something out the shelf date being absent from a bunch of shipments.

either way, I'll probably be skipping this one. Black Ops is still a great game and MP wont be too different from it. Plus, BO has zombies mode :)

lol.

The sad thing is I can see many crazy fans actually buying that mountain dew thing for the double exp rate :eek:

A tournament, in a game that's never been seen before. Sounds like something from a movie i saw.

Holy crap AND it's cross-merchandised with Mountain Dew. Damn freaking marketing geniuses.

Apparently they just relabeled MW2 games and sold them as MW3...(and noone noticed), so no release date things were broken! :eek:

Even if Walmart does violate some release deal for this game.....

They are so fucking huge, no publisher is going to even try and tell them "you can't do that".......I am sure Walmart is responsible for a great majority of any console games retail brick and mortor sales.

Walmart tells you what to do....:eek:....not the other way around.

Apparently this is a tournament in the store......

they are still not selling the game until midnight......

but who wants to bet they will see sales of the game before midnight, because some kid has to go home and go to bed.

Back