Steve Jobs Voted Most Influential Man in Video Games

HardOCP News

[H] News
How do you decide who the most influential man in video games is? You conduct a poll at an iOS game conference shortly after Steve Jobs dies. :rolleyes:

According to Eurogamer, the majority of the 1,000 people surveyed (26%) believe that Steve Jobs is the leading man who shaped video games. Meanwhile, Gabe Newell, the co-founder of Valve – one of the most influential companies in the industry – received only 16% of the votes. Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Mario – the most recognizable game character in the world – received only 7% of the votes. Oddly, Mark Zuckerberg, a guy who hasn’t done a darn thing for gaming (not directly, at least), received 3% of the votes.

ROFL!

So, so sad.

It's quite clear now.... the fanboyish Apple sheeple will say anything to fit in and look cool.

Far, farrrrrr from reality, usually, as well :rolleyes:

Hey, Peter Molyneux spoke there! He has spearheaded underdelivering.

Also, link in the OP goes straight to the article.

There is no more fucking hope in the world, the world will be run by fucking dumb ass apple hipsters and cluless computer twits/console noobs that don't have a clue in the world.

The mayans are right about the world ending in 2012 you might as well just die now and get it over with early so you don't have to watch the fucking apple hipsters worship steve jobs the anti christ .

androidpiss.gif

OMG, I can't stop laughing. They just got Quake Wars about a year ago! Roflmao.

Ok, I don't normally bag on Apple/Steve Jobs fans, but that is just fucking ridiculous on so many levels.

you can game on a mac?

Sure can! Source engine games released years after the corresponding PC releases run at half the frame rate that they do in Windows! OSX is a gaming OS now, didn't you hear?

When you boot into Windows (or use Steam).

Apparently Boot Camp and iOS means Steve Jobs is the winner.

^This. Lots of unaware people in this thread. You can run Windows NATIVELY on an Intel mac. It's not emulation/vm. Best setup out there for Macs is a dual 5770 though..lol

When you boot into Windows (or use Steam).

Apparently Boot Camp and iOS means Steve Jobs is the winner.

And who would want to run windows on a over priced slow ass mac anyway? since all they are ever since they changed to intel CPU are over priced Slow ass sucky PC's or laptops with a Bad OS installed out of the box and you have make it to boot into windows to make it worth anything other wise it is a paper weight.

ROFL!

So, so sad.

It's quite clear now.... the fanboyish Apple sheeple will say anything to fit in and look cool.

Far, farrrrrr from reality, usually, as well :rolleyes:

You are just now figuring this out? With Apple zealots everything is pretty much justification for a circle jerk.

Most people have PCs so virus writers attack PCs over Macs
Most people have PCs so game designers _____________________.

I mean, clear for the other "why do you guys hate on Apple so much?!" people.... I have seen reality since day 1 after Jobs' death..... fanboyism and oversensationalism hit a maximum threshold that week. :rolleyes:

The guy was no better a person than Edison, or Bill Gates, yet watch... when Gates dies, he won't even get half the media coverage as jobs, even though he has BILLIONS of more customers who use his product daily......

Their followers are usually VERY uneducated with tech, even with their own Apple product they buy! Whats a jailbreak, half of them would say :rolleyes:

this is why they say that... "That's according 1000 people working within the video games industry, who filled out a London Games Conference survey ahead of its start (10th November)."

blame the limeys for their gaming history incompetence

I have to say that one of the previous posters had a good point. The original Apples were actually very popular for PC gaming back in the 80s before DOS and Windows caught on.

After that develoment moved to Windows because:
1. greater install base
2. better graphics capability
3. MS has lots of money

Has Jobs done anything for gaming in the last 10 years? Not really. Without Jobs everyone would be playing mobile games on Gameboys instead of iPhones but what does that count for?

Most people have PCs so virus writers attack PCs over Macs
Most people have PCs so game designers _____________________.

game designers make console games.

Fanboyist fail.... once again for you Mr. Juan. You love FB+Apple wayyyy too much. :D

And every smart IT guy knows, you can play any Windows game/program on a Mac these days.... man you guys should learn more, its right here to learn on this very forum lol

OMG.. if there's one thing i don't think when buying apple products, it's GAMING.. or if you count 2 sec attentions span games on iOS actual games?...

game designers make console games.

Fanboyist fail.... once again for you Mr. Juan. You love FB+Apple wayyyy too much. :D

And every smart IT guy knows, you can play any Windows game/program on a Mac these days.... man you guys should learn more, its right here to learn on this very forum lol

You'll have to try a different approach than McCarthyism to convince me, friend. I own a palm pre, xbox 360 and a gaming PC. My Apple products consist of a couple old ipods.

What the Fuuuuuuu?
What is this shit? I don't even... I.... m..... WHAT?

EPIC, EPIC, EPIC FAIL

It's nice to see that Apply fanboys are just as clueless now as they were when they thought an Apple was superior to the Commodore Amiga as a gaming platform.

Steve Jobs > Gabe Newell in gaming? Pathetic.

I'd like to know all the names were even on that poll... Neither Steve Jobs or Mark Zuckerberg have done anything for gaming...

WTF???

I... I... can't even fathom the ignorance on this one....

I guess ignorance, like greed, has no bounds...

^This. Lots of unaware people in this thread. You can run Windows NATIVELY on an Intel mac. It's not emulation/vm. Best setup out there for Macs is a dual 5770 though..lol

That's his contribution to gaming that trumps every other developer???

It's nice to see that Apply fanboys are just as clueless now as they were when they thought an Apple was superior to the Commodore Amiga as a gaming platform.

Nobody did better text based gaming than Apple.:rolleyes:

That's his contribution to gaming that trumps every other developer???
Don't you get it!? Anything you can do on a Mac automatically makes Steve Jobs the ultimate contributor to that specific thing by proxy.

I've had more intelligent talk exit my anus than what eurogamer just said.

Back