Corsair Carbide 500R Mid-Tower Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are in the market for a new mid-tower case, there is a review of the Corsair Carbide 500R at Legit Reviews today that you'll want to read. Here's a quote from the full review:

The fit and finish were excellent with great paint work and the black and white theme is very attractive. Airflow is a non-issue in this case with more options than the majority of users would even consider or require. The cable routing was easy and the rubber grommets really add a polished look when you are done building in this case. The bonus integrated fan controller and LED on/off switch was a nice touch on the I/O panel but we really appreciated the inclusion of USB 3.0 ports on the front. Corsair was even thoughtful enough to include the conversion cable to USB 2.0 to extend the compatibility.

Looks like a great case overall. I would miss having four USB ports in the front like my HAF 932 has. Why? Well, when you have three PS3 controllers and a 360 controller, all four ports get used up in games like Magicka and Dungeon Defenders.

I was just working on this case last night for a friend, the USB 3.0 connector that connects the front panel to the motherboard snap off, the most front part of it. The 2 pieces of plastic came apart as i was managing the cable, and no way was i pulling hard at all.

So the front piece is stuck in the motherboard, and the cable is off.

Also I found the harddrive racks to be really soft and rubbery, gets the job done i guess. But the ssd have to go under the rack, instead of sitting on the rack, since the rubber wheels blocks the way and you can't screw the screws in if you put the ssd sitting on the rack. I guess its designed that way.

Other than that, any good suggestions on how to filter the panel fan? the section open to air is pretty big, the 200mm fan only covers 60% of it probably

Should've gotten the 690 Advanced II...

Last edited:
The hard drive racks were indeed designed that way. They're bendable due to the design - that's how they fit the 3.5" drives. The 2.5" SSD mounts do require you to move the rubber dampeners.

As for the front panel, email me: [email protected] and I'll get you a replacement piece. I'll make sure you're taken care of.

I've never heard of the connector problem - any chance you could take a pic for me and email it to me above?

More interestingly RedBeard, the side fan opening without a fan filter is pretty lame. Can Corsair offer an easy to install fan filter for this side panel?

I just ordered one of these cases, and would also be interested in some filters...

I have the white version of this case and I love it. I am extremely picky about cases and was very pleased with this one.

Back