Groupon Mulls Raising IPO Price

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Groupon is considering another adjustment to its IPO bid just prior to the pricing date on November 3rd. Groupon has organized a roadshow for potential investors to boost the overall worth of the company prior to the final filings this week.

The company is now considering raising the price range and could file an amended IPO prospectus early next week, said a source familiar with the situation.

i wonder if potential investors have actually ever used Groupon for their shitty deals.

GREAT company to short for the long term, it won't last 5 years WITHOUT A DOUBT in my mind. I would be surprised if it lasted 3 years after going public

Yeah, def should have sold it to Google. Plus, their superbowl ads amazingly made them less popular.

The only chance Groupon has to sell stock would be to discount it on their site for 75% off the IPO, but it would still be too expensive :D

i wonder if potential investors have actually ever used Groupon for their shitty deals.

you don't need to use it to realize that everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, has copied the groupon business model. Even the AJC (Atlanta Journal-Constitution) has a "groupon" affiliate. Groupon's only claim to fame is that they are the biggest and first one to do it.

I bet if google really cared it could step up its efforts with living social and wipe the floor with groupon.

you don't need to use it to realize that everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, has copied the groupon business model. Even the AJC (Atlanta Journal-Constitution) has a "groupon" affiliate. Groupon's only claim to fame is that they are the biggest and first one to do it.

I bet if google really cared it could step up its efforts with living social and wipe the floor with groupon.

LOL, they already did this RIGHT AFTER Groupon denied the $6 billion offer from Google. Supposedly, it maybe would have never went through anyways because of technicalities (did some reading).

But as soon as they denied Google, Google hired a bunch of people and made their own (supposedly better) version of groupons "daily deal" thing.

It's called Google Offers ---> https://www.google.com/offers/home#!details

Groupon is COMPLETE garbage and definitely overvalued... been saying it since day 1 after I used it. They are banking off the lie (like Fbook) that users who "signed up" are actual users.... no, more than HALF of the "users" they claim to have were forced to enter an email in order to test out what groupon was offering! Its like 800 million people supposedly on Fbook, and they use that as its claim to fame..... everyone knows that 800 million includes fake accounts, multiples, and people who no longer use Fbook! :rolleyes:

Groupon is no different... those 2 companies have created the "tech bubble version 3.0" without a doubt! Watch it pop next year, or 2013.

Facebook is the real deal, bub. I wouldn't be comparing the business of groupon to facebook. It's much easier to switch to another group buying provider than it is to switch to another social network. Facebook has your social graph and it has some of the highest usage statistics of any site, but that shouldn't surprise you. Facebook competes with Google because Facebook is essentially a 2nd internet. Yeah.

Facebook is the real deal, bub. I wouldn't be comparing the business of groupon to facebook. It's much easier to switch to another group buying provider than it is to switch to another social network. Facebook has your social graph and it has some of the highest usage statistics of any site, but that shouldn't surprise you. Facebook competes with Google because Facebook is essentially a 2nd internet. Yeah.

You watch too much Jim Cramer and CNBC hype... far from reality :D 2nd internet? hahahaha.

No way can you compare FBook to Google! No .... way. Not even in the same league. I still think Groupon and Fbook will both go public, get tons of gullible investors that think its going to remain for 10+ years, and then it will tank hard. They are both technological fads that will die out and lose value really fast.

And WTF at that blue part in your quote..... wtf? I takes 2 minutes to move from Fbook, to say Google+, for example.

Well I don't watch CNBC but I do use facebook, do you and do your friends?

You can easily move from facebook to google+ but it's your friends moving and their friends moving that is is hard. Unless you go on to facebook for the sole purpose of seeing your own status updates, moving your social graph over is a tremendous task and I don't see a competitor coming close to being able to do that.

You can have your own opinion about the social net but you'll see the smart money has already invested in private shares of facebook.

OMFG.... that is CLASSIC! All the inside jokes fit so well, well made shit right there!

That is what groupon really is! No joke.... especially this part :D

Nothing is more important to us than treating our customers well. We help them get their hair did, their butts laser-lipoed and their face drenched in spray tan for less.

If you ever feel like Groupon let you down, we will simply return your purchase and continue to lure people in with even more ludicrously lovely offers.

That is the realest shit I've seen lately, hahahaha... just classic!

And WTF at that blue part in your quote..... wtf? I takes 2 minutes to move from Fbook, to say Google+, for example.

You can move to Google+, but you'll be the only one of you friends there. Everyone you know will still be on FB. If you don't have any friends on Google+, then what's the point of going to Google+?

I'm not sure what the hate for Groupon is all about. Sure, a lot of their "deals" are worthless.. but so are LivingSocial's and any other "coupon/discount" site. Even Slickdeals has stuff that is completely irrelevant to me.

However, they do occasionally have decent deals if you watch. I haven't paid full price at the movies in months, have eaten at several restaurants for 1/2 price, etc. No, I don't need a "deal" on a facial, pedicure, or sky diving lesson... so I just ignore those deals and wait for something to show up.

Back