Facebook Testing New “Trusted Friends” Password Help

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm not to sure about this idea. I mean, I can see where it might be useful but what a pain the ass for your "trusted friends."

The social network says it is testing a new tool in the coming weeks that will let you designate three to five friends you trust. If you forget your password or can't access your email, Facebook will send your friends a code that they can pass along to you.

How stupid can FB really be.

It wasn't all that long ago that some kid had gotten a hold of some girls account info and changed stuff in her account to make her look like a slut to everyone, and FB thinks this is a good idea.
Come on you fucking retards over at FB, take some of that money and buy yourself a clue.

Now even easier for a former boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/mistress to access your account!

whoa!
doublepost front page news desk, little early for that friday celebrating ain't it Steve?

How stupid can FB really be.

It wasn't all that long ago that some kid had gotten a hold of some girls account info and changed stuff in her account to make her look like a slut to everyone, and FB thinks this is a good idea.
Come on you fucking retards over at FB, take some of that money and buy yourself a clue.

You don't have to use this feature if you don't want to. I'm not using it either. Its not like we're all forced to select several friends whether we like it or not.

Its up to each user's own judgement. This is just an alternative password recovery method. If a person feel they can trust a friend enough for this, chances are that person would trust that friend in many other things in real life, and FB would be the least of their worries if their trust is misplaced.

I can see this going wrong in so many ways.

The number one rule about the Internet is to trust no one. Simple.

Then again, if people didn't follow that rule, computer techs cleaning out viruses/malware and companies dealing with identity theft and fraud would be out of business.

I can see this going wrong in so many ways.

The number one rule about the Internet is to trust no one. Simple.

Then again, if people didn't follow that rule, computer techs cleaning out viruses/malware and companies dealing with identity theft and fraud would be out of business.

*did, not didn't.

(Why no edit button? >.>)

So nice you posted it twice. ;)

Also, this is why I use Lastpass. So I never have to worry about forgetting passwords ever again.

Back