Easier to Use an SSD with New Intel Toolbox 3.0

HardOCP News

[H] News
It’s easier than ever to use an Intel solid-state drive (SSD) with the new Intel® SSD Toolbox 3.0. SSDs make your computer super fast, and the free Intel SSD Toolbox makes it easier to optimize and keep that drive in out-of-box condition. New features include an even easier graphical user interface, integrated help, a system information button to help troubleshooting and the ability to update firmware under Microsoft Windows* instead of DOS. Now in 11 languages, Intel SSD owners can upload for free at www.intel.com/go/ssdtoolbox. Get the Intel SSD toolbox 3.0 fact sheet and download multi-language screenshots.

I wish I had stayed with Intel. I put my old G2 X-25 in my girlfriends computer and she loads battlefield maps faster then I do with my Crucial M4 :(

Plus I would've been able to make use of this cool little app.

So... I should be doing maintenance to my SSD? I'm absolutely serious, I just shoved it in, loaded win7 x64 and that's it. It wasn't one of the larger models that has FW issues so I didn't bother checking.

So... I should be doing maintenance to my SSD? I'm absolutely serious, I just shoved it in, loaded win7 x64 and that's it. It wasn't one of the larger models that has FW issues so I didn't bother checking.

you only need to run the Intel SSD Toolbox optimize feeature on Windows XP or Vista because TRIM is automatically used on Windows 7 if your storage drivers support AHCI... AMD supports the trim command with their latest AHCI drivers for their chipsets

the toolbox gives a manual trim command feature for those on windows operating systems without TRIM support (primarily XP)

you only need to run the Intel SSD Toolbox optimize feeature on Windows XP or Vista because TRIM is automatically used on Windows 7 if your storage drivers support AHCI... AMD supports the trim command with their latest AHCI drivers for their chipsets

the toolbox gives a manual trim command feature for those on windows operating systems without TRIM support (primarily XP)
See the Intel SSD Optimizer Requirements chart below to see what is required to
support the “Trim” function for a particular OS.
inteltrim.png

Intel® SSD Optimizer OS Requirements Matrix
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others
** The Intel® Matrix Storage Manager driver currently does not support native execution of the Intel® SSD Optimizer under Windows 7 OS. The Intel® SSD
Toolbox must be used until support is included in a future release of the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager driver.
http://download.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/sb/intel_ssd_toolbox_frequently_asked_questions.pdf

Thanks very much, the chipset is a P55...? and I'm running the intel drives so I should be good to go.

Thanks very much, the chipset is a P55...? and I'm running the intel drives so I should be good to go.

Do you have the Matrix storage driver?

I have an X58 and I've always had the SSD toolbox installed. It's not a bad tool and doesn't get in the way (most commands are run on scheduling). It's not bloated by any means.

"SSDs make your computer super fast"

Sure they do, I really believe you.

I don't understand the purpose of the OP? Is this a sponsored advertisement from Intel? It looks like just cut and paste from a press release with no real content?

Back