Stupid Craigslist Criminal of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you steal someone's classic 1949 Ford, it is probably not a good idea to list the parts on Craigslist.

Munyon and Bartanian called the number listed on the Craigslist ad and arranged to meet the seller. They did not see the car, but rather parts of it. “When we got to the first place, there were only a few little parts that could have been mine, but not totally mine until he brought out the steering wheel. Once we saw the steering wheel, I knew that was my steering wheel,” Munyon said.

Im really pissed that it was done to a classic car. The owners seem to have a great sense of humor though, I probably would not be as forgiving.

Glad to see the stupid CL seller get caught. :cool: But too bad it doesn't always turn out so well.

Thanks for reminding me to browse Craigslist; just built a family member a new system and 2 weeks later their house is broken into, all their electronics stolen. (#&)(@ers. :mad:

I would think he would have a big insurance policy for something like this

They made it sound like he only got pieces of the car back, not the entire car. So it isn't a truely good ending, nor would be able to put it all back together.
Yeah, but I guess at least the thieves were caught, but too bad the car was already partially parted out.

Linked Story said:
As for Munyon, he now has the parts of his classic car back

The answer is right there, folks. While the specifics aren't known, chances are the frame / chassis is gone. I like old cars, don't get me wrong, but that's not exactly a high value vehicle. I rather doubt he had a good insurance policy on it. (For those wondering, Hagerty is usually the way to go) Maybe I'm wrong (I hope I am) and he did get a reasonable pay out and he just wanted to find the dirt bags that stole his car and get some justice; to that I say good on you, sir! Not only that, but he has also helped out other people too.

As for the how, I'll go with being towed. Have a feeling that vehicle wasn't all that quiet. Since it was mentioned, stealing motorcycles is easy; just do exactly what was said - two or three strong guys and into the bed of a pickup it goes. Or even easier, onto a low trailer. My dad had his Sportster stolen that way years ago.

The answer is right there, folks. While the specifics aren't known, chances are the frame / chassis is gone. I like old cars, don't get me wrong, but that's not exactly a high value vehicle. I rather doubt he had a good insurance policy on it. (For those wondering, Hagerty is usually the way to go) Maybe I'm wrong (I hope I am) and he did get a reasonable pay out and he just wanted to find the dirt bags that stole his car and get some justice; to that I say good on you, sir! Not only that, but he has also helped out other people too.

As for the how, I'll go with being towed. Have a feeling that vehicle wasn't all that quiet. Since it was mentioned, stealing motorcycles is easy; just do exactly what was said - two or three strong guys and into the bed of a pickup it goes. Or even easier, onto a low trailer. My dad had his Sportster stolen that way years ago.

Here in Brazil they park a truck near a motorcycle parking spot, get two big guys out and fill the truck, literally throwing the motorcycles in there...

With cars, it's simpler. Just get a gun and point it to the owner. Goddamn country where you can't carry a gun, but all the thieves have tons of them.

Because it wouldn't have been legal.

No jury would convict him, but even then I am sure you could use a momentary insanity defense of seeing a car you had put your blood sweat and tears into for the last 60 years, to make it legal.

Back