AMD and BlueStacks Join Forces

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today announced an investment in BlueStacks, a venture-backed firm developing innovative software. BlueStacks has introduced a solution to enable Android applications to run fast and full-screen on Windows®-based devices. AMD and BlueStacks are collaborating to optimize the BlueStacks App Player for Windows software for use with tablet and notebook PCs powered by AMD APUs with AMD VISION technology. With this combination of BlueStacks software and AMD technology, consumers will be able to access their favorite Android apps on virtually any AMD-powered Windows-based device, including more than 200,000 apps currently available in the Android Market.

This sounds pretty cool although I have to admit that this will be better for low powered netbooks etc. On a computer with enough oomph you probably can just use a native windows app that does the same thing.

Nice move by AMD to promote their APU's in competition with ARM cores without having to make an ARM core, though everyone and their dog has an Arm license by now.

That put's the possibility of having products like Windows 8 & Android in 1 Asus Transformer.

I like it, I like it a lot actually!

The biggest question I have is what will be battery life.

I read AMD and BlueSacks... like those of all the AMD fans waiting for Bulldozer to drop and lack of climax thereafter.

Back