AMD Appoints Mark Papermaster as Senior VP and CTO

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD announced today that Mark Papermaster, 50, has joined as the company’s senior vice president and chief technology officer. He will report to President and Chief Executive Officer Rory Read and will oversee all of AMD’s engineering, research and development (R&D), and product development functions as the head of the newly-formed Technology and Engineering Group. Papermaster, who was most recently vice president of Silicon Engineering at Cisco, will be responsible for establishing and executing the company’s technology and product roadmaps, integrated hardware and software development, and overseeing the creation of all of AMD’s products.

Hope he does better than the last guy. Well I don't know what kind of boardroom challenges the last person was up against, but hopefully Mark can pull them together for a common goal in their roadmap that brings them closer to a 1:1 competition with Intel.

Change is good!

Papermaster - the master of paper launches.

How fitting.

AMD need stability and results in the company.

hmmm I don't think they need stability; they need to take some risks otherwise they might bite the dust. Intel is assaulting from all angles, and ARM has the mobile segment on lock. Where does that leave AMD?

On the bright side, if the guy royally screws up he has the fallback job of secretary on lockdown.

I hope he brought a big friggin bottle of Maalox. This guys got a LOT of work ahead of him. Let's hope for his sanity and sobriety.

I can see this going on

CEO: Papermaster, How is the launch of the 7000 series gearing up.
Papermaster: The launch is gonna be terrific! on paper..

Back