Accused LulzSec Member Pleads Not Guilty

HardOCP News

[H] News
Heh, a "not guilty? plea? What happened to all the smack these guys talked? It'd be funny to see one of these LulzSec turds actually walk into court like a boss and tell the judge "hell yeah I'm guilty." :D

Cody Kretsinger, 23, entered not guilty pleas to one count each of conspiracy and unauthorized impairment of a protected computer during a brief hearing in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles. U.S. Magistrate Judge Victor Kenton set a December 13 trial date for Kretsinger, who came to court dressed in khaki pants and a blue collared shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and spoke only in response to questions from the judge.

Yeah that would be nice, but do you really expect someone who hides behind the anonymity of the internet to be a total douchebag is suddenly going to grow a set of balls and stand behind their actions?

While I am sure that the amount of money Sony alone is willing to throw at this case will ensure his conviction, guilty or not, a part of me kinda still hopes he wins.

Admittedly its a very small part though.

So, what happened to innocent until proven guilty.

Grab your torches and pitchforks.

Innocent until proven guilty no longer exists in this country. It's pretty much the opposite now.

Innocent until proven guilty no longer exists in this country. It's pretty much the opposite now.

No, the actual judicial system still works on that premise. The court of public opinion, however, is a different story.

You can take motorcycles for example. It has become practically criminal to ride one.

Riding one you get continuously pulled over and sat over on the side while the police go over your bike comparing vins, all your paperwork, everything. They completely go under the assumption that you have either stolen the bike or are wanted for something.

I rode out to phoenix 5 weeks ago and got snagged in 2 motorcycle only checkpoints... wtf how can that be legal.

The anon activity sure has died down. It was said many times that the police were stupid were arresting the wrong people. I also read for every anon they arrested 10 more would rise up.

It would appear that was not the case.

Not at all.

You can take motorcycles for example. It has become practically criminal to ride one.

Riding one you get continuously pulled over and sat over on the side while the police go over your bike comparing vins, all your paperwork, everything. They completely go under the assumption that you have either stolen the bike or are wanted for something.

I rode out to phoenix 5 weeks ago and got snagged in 2 motorcycle only checkpoints... wtf how can that be legal.

lol, wtf? I've riden my bike now for close to 20 years and have never gotten pulled over once, but still not sure what this has got to do with the topic on hand :confused:

ack, but anyways good riddance. They had a good run at first but then they just went overboard.

I hope the court finds him guilty and throw his pathetic ass in jail where he belongs. Not so anonymous anymore that he got caught? Payback is a bitch isn't it.

Not to answer your question for another person, but sometimes the people who have been victimized are bigger dweebs than the victimizers.

Do something illegal, sloppily, and you should expect to be arrested for it. Their motivations were nothing but being attention seeking selfish irritating little skilless nobodies. If people dont like certain companies they retain the right not to buy their services or products, but not to damage things for other people :p

Do something illegal, sloppily, and you should expect to be arrested for it. Their motivations were nothing but being attention seeking selfish irritating little skilless nobodies. If people dont like certain companies they retain the right not to buy their services or products, but not to damage things for other people :p

If I illegally freed some US slaves in 1843, sloppily, should I expect to be arrested for it? Selfish, irritating, little, skillless nobodies? Sounds to me like you might have some problems... Selfish? Maybe. Irritating? Yes. Skillless? No. Nobodies? Who cares.

Slaves vs. free games... That halfway! Should have been "if I was freeing jewish people illegally in 1940's germany, sloppily, should I be arrested for it?" Not really the same thing, one is morally justified, getting free games isn't. One is for the good of another person, one is for the good of yourself. etc. Closer example would have been, "If I was photocopying library books and peeking at peoples pin numbers, sloppily, should I be arrested for it?"

No problems, but skilless because a) they got caught and b) they got caught using the most low level skilless crap imaginable that they probably found on a google search, didn't cover tracks, boasted about it publically, annoyed the wrong people, were extremely naieve (how is that damned word spelt!?) then got caught. Serves them right and they pretty much brought it all on themselves. :p

Slaves vs. free games... That halfway! Should have been "if I was freeing jewish people illegally in 1940's germany, sloppily, should I be arrested for it?" Not really the same thing, one is morally justified, getting free games isn't. One is for the good of another person, one is for the good of yourself. etc. Closer example would have been, "If I was photocopying library books and peeking at peoples pin numbers, sloppily, should I be arrested for it?"

No problems, but skilless because a) they got caught and b) they got caught using the most low level skilless crap imaginable that they probably found on a google search, didn't cover tracks, boasted about it publically, annoyed the wrong people, were extremely naieve (how is that damned word spelt!?) then got caught. Serves them right and they pretty much brought it all on themselves. :p

I merely used the slave example to illustrate that legality and morality aren't necessarily parallel concepts. Sloppiness really has very little to do with it. Skillless? I'm not even quite sure why their skill level seems to be a hang-up with you? You seem to be profoundly bent on taking away from them what you believe that they think of themselves.

When I say "sloppiness really has very little to do with it," I meant that sloppiness really has very little with whether or not they should expect punishment.

When I say "sloppiness really has very little to do with it," I meant that sloppiness really has very little with whether or not they should expect punishment, in a moral sense.

Furthermore, not all theft in necessarily immoral -- any admirer of Robin Hood should understand this reality.

So you want him to walk free after breaking the law? Yeah, we'd want you as a juror. :rolleyes:

You have absolutely no information at all besides a press release, yet you have already judged him guilty.

You should never be a juror.

Sadly, our system is set up so the rest of us have to suffer the stupidity of the mob.

It's just my firm belief that grey hats have a very definite place and although these guys are blacks, if they are truely skilled it's going to be really hard to prove he did anything.

That being said, you dont have to prove he did anything, you only have to convince a jury he did it, which is alot easier.

If they were truely skilled, the cops have the fall guy. If conviction rates are anything to go by (roughtly 85%) then chances are this is the guy, but they will have to prove it. Personally I hope this is the guy, and he goes down, otherwise time and taxes have been wasted and some jackass is thwarting justice.

Lol at all the 'he broke the law, he did something illegal etc etc' comments. What facts that you can back up with evidence do you have to prove his guilt? The internet news article reported that he was accused of it?

How would you like it if you were at the wrong place at the wrong time and were accused of a crime and people just assumed 'accused' means guilty without even having a chance in court to review the facts of the case?

Anyways on an unrelated note: this just may be the only felony charge that actually helps you get a job.

If I illegally freed some US slaves in 1843, sloppily, should I expect to be arrested for it? Selfish, irritating, little, skillless nobodies? Sounds to me like you might have some problems... Selfish? Maybe. Irritating? Yes. Skillless? No. Nobodies? Who cares.

If you freed slaves, theres a higher chance that you aren't doing it to be a selfish, irritating, skilless nobody. You could, but doubtful. Just throwing that out there.

That said, he's not "guilty" yet. He has to be proven guilty. Don't throw out the law just because you don't like it. It's why this country is corrupt after all. I'm sure the law would have changed to lessen the stupidity if the public figures were involved, but as another news thread pointed out, public figures and such are exempt. (Referring to the cases with the RIAA, I believe, it was.)

You sound black. I have been riding motorcycles for about 12 years in Chicago and Houston and have never had a problem like that, hell I have only been pulled over once.

Yeah that would be nice, but do you really expect someone who hides behind the anonymity of the internet to be a total douchebag is suddenly going to grow a set of balls and stand behind their actions?

It's innocent until proven guilty and only a complete moron would plead guilty.

Back