Hulu Owners Call Off Sale

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess now that no one is interested in buying Hulu anymore, the company has taken itself off the market. That has to be a bit depressing. :(

"Since Hulu holds a unique and compelling strategic value to each of its owners, we have terminated the sale process and look forward to working together to continue mapping out its path to even greater success," Hulu owners said in a statement. "Our focus now rests solely on ensuring that our efforts as owners contribute in a meaningful way to the exciting future that lies ahead for Hulu."

even more simply "we are surprised no one wanted to pay several billion dollars for a company that the current owners have stated they want to kill, as it hurts the legacy cable businesses the owners also have interests in. instead, we will refocus on killing this company from within. enjoy the last few months of ad-supported hulu before we put up an overpriced paywall that will give you access to a nearly content-less service"

What? you mean investors are starting to get gunshy at paying retarded overly optimistic valuations for companies? Say it isn't so! :p

Meh. Can't stand to sit through those horrible commercials they keep adding in to Hulu plus: They are getting longer and more frequent it seems. I will stick to my xbmc'd apple tv thanks.

I think NetFlix should have bought them, then rolled it into the streaming package for added value.

Bah.

I just dont watch enough TV for it to be worth it to me. I do however love the subscription model vs ppv as far as movies go, but Hulu seriously lagged on anything worth watching if you didnt keep up to date with curretn sitcoms etc.

I quit using Hulu when they went to a pay service model. Hulu just isn't worth it.

As far as I can tell, Hulu is the best free streaming service on the Internet. For their pay service, I don't think they diminished their free service very much.

But yeah, there weren't offered as much as they hoped to get. So, the sale is off.

Back