Microsoft Officially Welcomes Skype

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Corp. has closed its acquisition of Skype Global S.à r.l. Negotiations of the definitive agreement under which Microsoft would acquire Skype, an Internet communications company, for $8.5 billion were led by investor group Silver Lake and the transaction was originally announced on May 10, 2011. Boards of directors of both Microsoft and Skype previously approved the acquisition.

I wonder how this will be infused in the office communicator software??

They are so desperate to promote WP7 as much as they can against Android and iOS. Watch them make certain new Skype features exclusive only to WP7. :p

Ever since I heard this I have been praying to christ that Microsoft does the smartest thing they could possibly do with this and seemlessly integrate Skype into Windows Media Center with Windows 7 (or Windows 8).

They are so desperate to promote WP7 as much as they can against Android and iOS. Watch them make certain new Skype features exclusive only to WP7. :p

I would surprised if this didn't happen, no doubt there will be certain Skype goodies that only come with Microsoft products and definitely I see a focus on doing Windows Phone only things.

Ever since I heard this I have been praying to christ that Microsoft does the smartest thing they could possibly do with this and seemlessly integrate Skype into Windows Media Center with Windows 7 (or Windows 8).

Microsoft has made it pretty clear that they intend to integrate Skype into a wide array on Microsoft products. It will without question be a part on Windows 8.

I would surprised if this didn't happen, no doubt there will be certain Skype goodies that only come with Microsoft products and definitely I see a focus on doing Windows Phone only things.

Microsoft has made it pretty clear that they intend to integrate Skype into a wide array on Microsoft products. It will without question be a part on Windows 8.

Implementing it into WMC is different than just putting it in messenger or win 8. Im never eating outside WMC on my htpc now.

Back