Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full-Tower Chassis

HardOCP News

[H] News
Need a new case? You might want to check out this review of the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 at Techgage today. The case has a lot of cool features and the fellas over there gave it an editor's choice award.

Thermaltake has a large number of chassis lines, but it's time to welcome another: Chaser. The first model, MK-1, features a bold, gamer-esque design and borrows many cues from the Level 10 GT. It features an HDD dock, a headphone holder, and tons of cooling capacity. At $150, is this a full-tower that should top your list?

MaximumPC gave this case an 8 in it's November issue..

Embrace (Pro) - very spacious; custom fans/lighting controls

Mace (Con) - flimsy side panels

Haven't even read the article, but the combination of Thermaltake and "bold, gamer-esque design" does not bode well in my book.

Still not fond of the front bezel, or the side panel, I know the standard filtering on the front of my Xaser VI wasn't enough, and the side panel may as well have had a "welcome dust" sign hanging on it.

I love this case. My husband bought me this to upgrade my gaming machine. I have had no issues with dust or heat.

Still not fond of the front bezel, or the side panel, I know the standard filtering on the front of my Xaser VI wasn't enough, and the side panel may as well have had a "welcome dust" sign hanging on it.

We have had this case for over 3 months now, and with normal care and cleaning around the house, there has been almost "no" dust in the case.

Also as for any kind of heat issues, she has a H100 and a stock 6950 in there. At max her CPU hits 38c on full load with an OCed 720BE and about 65c full load on the 6850.

Of course we went out and bought 2 more 200mm fans and 1 120mm for it.

But other than that, this case is solid, and has plenty of room on the other side for wiring managment.

btw, I am Roguestorms husband :D

Back