Corsair Announces Availability of $139 Gaming PC Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced worldwide retail availability of the Carbide Series™ 500R gaming PC case. The Carbide Series 500R joins the Carbide Series 400R, released in September. Like the 400R, it has been designed for PC gamers with the same builder-friendly philosophy as the award-winning Obsidian Series® and Graphite Series™ of PC cases, and at an exceptionally aggressive price point. The 500R’s upgraded design is available in arctic white and graphite gray and includes a side mesh panel with a 200mm fan for additional GPU cooling, a multi-channel fan controller, and movable hard drive cages for installation of graphics cards of up to 452mm in length.

Looks nice, but I still take serious issue with paying over $100 for steel and plastic. Shame because I really like the design.

Are you listening Corsair? Lian-li needs some competition...Some nicely designed All Aluminum cases in the $100-$150 range are needed.

Corsair must have rabbits for engineers as they seem to be popping out a new case every month or so.. now up to 5 cases with 2 of them available in white or non-white. I like Corsair's stuff so no complaining here.. more choices is usually a good thing!! Keep those Corsair swabbies cranking out the good stuff Redbeard (aka Corsair George)!!
image.php
(couldn't find a picture of Redbeard so this one will have to do)

I think this looks like an awesome case...would certainly consider this for my next upgrade...I'm ricking a Lian Li now.

I don't know what "ricking" a Lian Li is, but it sounds fun.

If you have seen the 400r you know this isn't that great for 130. I saw a 600T (I think, the ugly awesome one) for around $150.

I want a 800D with 8 expension slots! :D

All of the new ones are mid sized which means I can't fit as many radiators as I want to in it...but then it only has 7 slots (I could cut out the one at the bottom but it's not as neat) meaning I can't fit the bottom GPU in. I really like the hot swap bays and the general looks of the thing (I change drives over lots) but the slots at the back are spoiling it for me. Would be nice to have a 3x140mm fan spacing at the top too...:D

I just bought one of these for $129 and I'm waiting on a $15 rebate. I absolutely love it except the hard drive tray thingies seem kind of cheap, it didn't come with a speaker and there's no power LED.

Back