What Can Twitter Do Better?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Jack Dorsey, Twitter’s executive chairman, wants to know what his company can do better. Don't be shy, hit the link above to let Twitter know what you think they should do to improve service.

Step 1: Go away

Step 2: Repeat Step 1

That's how Twitter can improve ;)

Whats Twitter? No seriously, I signed up years ago, forgot my sign-in, never even tried to go back. Between work, a couple of forums, occasional facebook, and Real Life, just cant be bothered.

Whats Twitter? No seriously, I signed up years ago, forgot my sign-in, never even tried to go back. Between work, a couple of forums, occasional facebook, and Real Life, just cant be bothered.

Never used it once, so I don't know. I think it's mostly for teens that want to know where and what their favorite celeb(s) are doing at every moment, no matter how stupid.
"I am petting my dog after feeding him a treat and he loves it." YAAAAYYY!!! ftw

And here come the Twitter bashers. /facepalm

Ok, I'll bite

Suggestions to improve twitter.

1) Change the name to something less childish and stupid. I won't even consider using a service no matter how potentially useful if it sounds like it is marketed at teenage girls.

2) Bump the character restriction up to something more reasonable. 300 should do it.

End retweets! I've just about had enough of seeing the same damned tweet retweets 3 billion times in a discussion thread.

And here come the Twitter bashers. /facepalm

Haha here it comes...

Ok, I'll bite

Suggestions to improve twitter.

1) Change the name to something less childish and stupid. I won't even consider using a service no matter how potentially useful if it sounds like it is marketed at teenage girls.

2) Bump the character restriction up to something more reasonable. 300 should do it.

Haha there it goes...

God Damn I love this forum.

I never understood what twitter was really good for in the first place, I can do the same thing that twitter does, I post something I'm doing here, I bet WAY more people would see it then on twitter :-P

I say do nothing to improve. The idea can help both sides at this point.

Pro Twitter Side: Most sites change how things work to improve service, it usually pisses a LOT of people off because guess what? they use the site cause they like how it is, not what it could be.

Anti-Twitter Side: If they make twitter "better" it will only get more annoying to people that hate it, and people that don't still won't so why bother?

Rename it twatter, which is more appropriate and accurate for both the people who use it and the quality of its content.

[troll]
I dont like/use facebook but I can see how its valuable to the social networking community.

WTF is the point of twitter? Why would it be important to people? Talk about a waste of time and effort. I saw it significantly advertised last night in a verizon/ipad2 commercial... "Camping with family" Seriously? Yer out camping with your family. You should have told important people where you were. You are now enjoying nature and the outdoors... and you brought your ipad to tweet something of zero significance that no one cares about?

DIAF Twitter.

bbl.. I have to go take a shit now and tweet it to everyone.
[/troll]

256 characters. So people use grammar and full sentances. :D Same thing happened with text messages when they got extended, and people got full keyboards.

I signed up for Twitter so I could unlock more Angry Birds level. lol

I've never used Twitter. I'm content with this forum and Facebook. I don't need another social site.

I signed up for Twitter just so a friend of mine would shut up about it. It then became the only online account I've ever had compromised - somehow someone got the credentials and started spamming bullshit under my name.

I signed up for Twitter just so a friend of mine would shut up about it. It then became the only online account I've ever had compromised - somehow someone got the credentials and started spamming bullshit under my name.

Twitter does appear to be hacked all the time. I suppose I should make that one of my list of things Twitter needs to do better - their security.

Make it so it;s not so fucking compicated to read replys to tweerts and find the enitre god damn conversations on the web pages. it is a mess and everything is all over the place and the site looks like it made made in fucking as a high school HTML project.

I think the only function of Twitter is so people can piss off celebrities by asking them the dumbest questions imaginable.

Learn how to handle conversations of 140 characters without having thousands of servers in the cloud and without having endless downtimes. IRC was doing it 20 years ago.

When you look at the code Twitter releases, you realize it's just a useless website, by hipsters, for hipsters.

I use Twitter to follow a few game developers online. Also there are some pretty funny things to follow, like DeathStarPR. Never tweet myself, don't really see the point.

Back