Students Post Drinking Pictures On Facebook = Drinking Problem?

HardOCP News

[H] News
A new study says that students posting drinking pictures on Facebook might actually have a drinking problem. I guess that means step #1 in your 12 step recovery program is to take down your Facebook drinking pictures.

College students who post the details of their drunken nights on Facebook can end up with a few problems on their hands – embarrassment, regret or explanations to mom and dad. But a new study from researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison suggests those Facebook postings may also signal that a student is at clinical risk of having a drinking problem.

Wow, who keeps paying these morons to do these studies?

I have an idea, lets see if people who post pictures of themselves swimming are more likely to drown. How about people who post pictures of themselves at an airport being at risk of becoming terrorists. Oh, I have it. People posting pictures of themselves breathing are more prone to live to be 100+ years old.

Wow, who keeps paying these morons to do these studies?

I have an idea, lets see if people who post pictures of themselves swimming are more likely to drown. How about people who post pictures of themselves at an airport being at risk of becoming terrorists. Oh, I have it. People posting pictures of themselves breathing are more prone to live to be 100+ years old.

No you have it wrong, it's actually much worse. Using your example it would be people who regular post pictures of themselves swimming in shark infested waters are more likely to be bitten by a shark then those that aren't. Or people who post updates saying they are getting on a plane with a bomb are more likely to be terrorists. Or people who post pictures of themselves breathing in car exhaust straight from the pipe are more likely to die from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Let's get real, basically this "study" says people who exhibit problem drinking behaviors are more likely to be problem drinkers. No shit, really?

What if you're actively NOT posting those pictures to hide your problem? Should I be concerned about people I know who drink but DON'T ever post up a picture of themselves with a beer/wine glass?

What if you're actively NOT posting those pictures to hide your problem? Should I be concerned about people I know who drink but DON'T ever post up a picture of themselves with a beer/wine glass?

I came to post pretty much the same thing. Hiding the fact that you're a drinker is pretty unhealthy. Not drinking at all can lead to chronic lameness.

Quite a few college students have drinking problems, then when they graduate and have to get a real job 5 days a week, drink problems often go away.

Lol fun thread already. Drinking liberally is the only way to get through school :p

I see posting the stupid things we do on a site like facebook may come back to byte us in the ass. Employers are searching such sites to learn what they can about a future employee.

Back