'Aliens: Colonial Marines' Shows Off Ten Minutes of Gameplay

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you have been breathlessly awaiting the release of Gearbox’s Colonial Marines, you’ll just have to be breathless a little while longer. :D The game is not expected to be released until the second quarter of 2012, but they have released (or re-released) a 10 minute YouTube video of gameplay with descriptive voiceover to pique your interest and remind you the real deal is still in the works.

Hopefully there will be more quiet parts - those were the best parts of Alien/Aliens.

I love the fluidity of the console controller aiming in the video. Uhg.

Uh - didn't Hadly's Hope get leveled in the movie by the atmospheric processors exploding?

What is this game story, a do over?

"nuke the site from orbit. it's the only way to be sure."

course that didn't happen but the processing plant did the job.

don't get why they went back there (LV whatever the number was).
don't get me wrong, 'aliens' was the best movie of the franchise.
if that wanted a 'proper' follow-up (ignoring the shit sequels), shoulda followed hicks, bishop and ripley onto the next adventure (rather than kill them off on that retarded prison planet).

Honestly I'm not that impressed with the graphics and gameplay thus far. I hope the PC version looks a lot better, because even the early screenshots looked way better than this.

"an all new species, The crusher"
Looks a lot like one of the Aliens from the toy line I used to have back as a kid (note: I was way too old to have them, but they were just so badass )
the "rhino" alien
31353.jpg

Another console game with graphics from 2005. Am I the only one who gets a little sick when they see these demos controlled with the tell-tale console controller movement?

Another console game with graphics from 2005. Am I the only one who gets a little sick when they see these demos controlled with the tell-tale console controller movement?

no but until people vote with their wallets that is what you can ecpect.

"an all new species, The crusher"
Looks a lot like one of the Aliens from the toy line I used to have back as a kid (note: I was way too old to have them, but they were just so badass )
the "rhino" alien

It actually looks a lot like Praetorian to me, from the original AvP game(s). Maybe a bit bigger physically, but still.

Praetorian.png

Despite being dated graphically, for some reason this still catches my interest over previous Alien games, and I don't know why.

Despite being dated graphically, for some reason this still catches my interest over previous Alien games, and I don't know why.

yeah..

does anyone else get the feeling it looks and moves (animation wise.. voices too) like a halo reskin?

I love the fluidity of the console controller aiming in the video. Uhg.

Honestly I'm not that impressed with the graphics and gameplay thus far. I hope the PC version looks a lot better, because even the early screenshots looked way better than this.

^^^ +1 each, yeah lost me with the controller action and the friggin' graphics :( We'll see how it turns out on the PC.

I`d like to have aliens game where you are dead if you get a serious hit. Regenerating health feels like BS on what should be a horror game. Reloading gun under stress should be slower to force player not to spam his pulse rifle. Ammo should be limited and triggering encounter with aliens should draw more and more attention if you can`t get away... ;)

Was I the only one who throughout that gameplay demonstration just wanted to tell the guy to shut up and stop talking?

[RIP]Zeus;1037827054 said:
Oh ya!!! My buddies and I are getting this!

Forgot to add.

PC only, I hate console FPS... Controllers are just garbage for fps's.

don't get why they went back there (LV whatever the number was).

This Marine platoon is supposed to be the rescue team dispatched to check on Sulaco. It was referred to in dialog:

"How long until we're declared overdue?"
"10 days."
"10 days? Man, we won't last 10 hours!"

It's been a while since I saw the move (which is a shame) so I'm paraphrasing.

I agree that having Hadley's Hope so intact is rather convoluted. In the movie they talked about the explosion being "the size of Nebraska" if I recall; it wasn't delivered in a tone to indicate exaggeration.

This Marine platoon is supposed to be the rescue team dispatched to check on Sulaco. It was referred to in dialog in Aliens:

"10 days."

I agree that having Hadley's Hope so intact is rather convoluted. In the movie they talked about the explosion being "the size of Nebraska" if I recall; it wasn't delivered in a tone to indicate exaggeration.

Edit; clarification

This is Aliens? I thought it was a Gears of War 3 trailer! (both crap-tastic UE3 games.)

AvP looked great. That was a new engine too. This is an existing engine. I think it looks worse. Only time will tell though, if the game ever gets released.

This Marine platoon is supposed to be the rescue team dispatched to check on Sulaco. It was referred to in dialog:

"10 days."

Bishop (the android) said the whole area would be 'a cloud of vapour the size of Nebraska'. The actual explosion would be smaller, but not so small there would be anything left of the colony. The atmosphere processor was a fusion reactor, and it's implied that the coolant faliure would result in a similar explosion to a H-bomb, about a mile away from the colony.

The only way it could survive is if the actual reactor was deep below ground level and the terain was able to focus enough of the blast straight up. But it sure didn't seem that deep in the film.

Of course i say all this without having actualy watched the video, since work have blocked youtube :(

Was I the only one who throughout that gameplay demonstration just wanted to tell the guy to shut up and stop talking?

"Hells yeah!" "Omg this is so great!"

Just fucking wow, you are supposed to let OTHER people say that about your game.

Favorite quote from any of the MOVIES:

"Game over man, game over" and that is what you will be begging for after playing this.

Back