Angry 'Call of Duty' Dad Attacks Teen Who 'Shot' Him

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Well you have your basic road rage and then you have the ultimate game rage. A 46 year old man who was virtually shot by a 13 year old playing Call of Duty, took real offense to being killed off and assaulted the teen in real life at his home. The boy’s mother came to the rescue and the police came to take him away. Get a grip old gamer dude, it’s just a game :D Thanks to Cobalt2112 and spacing guild for the linkage. :cool:

Said the boy's mother to The Mirror: "It’s pathetic that a grown man would attack a defenseless child like this. If you can’t handle losing to a child then you shouldn’t be playing games."

It's the video games' fault. Ban them now, problem solved.

Kids should know better than pwning a guy in his mid life crisis.

Ugh, a kid playing Call of Duty. We aren't even talking a 16 year old here, but practically a preteen. Call of Duty is NOT for kids. (and it sounds like this is that stereotypical, 13 year old hurling expletives and insults all over the place that pretty much everybody else wishes would not talk)

One could argue that this is the mother's fault for letting her 13y/o play a 18cert rated game (In the UK I believe 18 is the same as R).

Was this dude my brother? The names may have been changed to protect the innocent

Who doesn't want to choke the shit out of all the 13,14,15,16, year olds...ok, teenagers in online games.

Who doesn't want to choke the shit out of all the 13,14,15,16, year olds...ok, teenagers in online games.

Yup...

This guy did what we've all thought about doing, but for obvious reasons never went through with it.

as horrible as it is that a 46 year old would attack a kid over what occurred during a video game. i swear some of those mouthy kids out there deserve to get choked, lol.

The kid was probably one of those mouthy spawn campers, I say he got what was coming to him. ;)

as horrible as it is that a 46 year old would attack a kid over what occurred during a video game. i swear some of those mouthy kids out there deserve to get choked, lol.

This.

The internet provides people too much of a place to run their mouth without consequences.

If you don't treat people like shit in real life there is no reason to on the internet, and well if you do .. guess what shit like this happens.

Kid had it coming most likely.

The good news is that daddy was actually with his son playing with him. You don't see people doing that a lot.

The bad news is that the child is going to need years of therapy. The father should have attacked his own balls next time, so he doesn't have to worry about his children beating him in video games.

And the mother should be slapped for letter her child play an adult game. He probably was one of those mouthy little..

Ugh, a kid playing Call of Duty. We aren't even talking a 16 year old here, but practically a preteen. Call of Duty is NOT for kids. (and it sounds like this is that stereotypical, 13 year old hurling expletives and insults all over the place that pretty much everybody else wishes would not talk)

Depends on the kid. My 11-year-old niece, sweetest little girl you ever met, enjoys an afternoon of shooting gophers at her grandpa's farm, and wanted Black Ops for Christmas.

I'd be pretty angry too if my son played Call of Duty instead of Battlefield.

The good news is that daddy was actually with his son playing with him. You don't see people doing that a lot.

The bad news is that the child is going to need years of therapy. The father should have attacked his own balls next time, so he doesn't have to worry about his children beating him in video games.

You guys miss read that. It wasn't father chocked his own son. This is some random guy that some how knew where the kids lived. Left his house after the kid killed him, went over there, either knocked or just barged in the door, and started to strangle the kid. In no way, shape or form where the two actually related.

Story was just saying he was a father of 3. Maybe the father of the kid's friend or something. not sure how else he knew exactly were the kid lived to be able to go over there like that

I actually kind of applaud the older gentlemen in this case only because it serves as a reminder that sometimes what happens on the Internet does infact have consequences in real life. I think the anonymonous nature of the internet leads us to tend to feel that whatever we do won't/can't be tracked back to us so its ok to say 'F you' to your virtual neighbours and tell them to go ___ a ___ and ___ that __ up their ____ ___.

It almost creates little mini alter-egos where one can be evil/violent/manipulative/mean on the Internet and be an Internet 'tough-guy' while in real-life still being relatively normal/possibly physically weak. As long as the two don't bleed over into eachother.

Games don't kill people.

People kill people.

I confess to having thoughts of violence against some young punks. Just would never act on them. Even if I knew their address. Might crack their window at night, eat a bag of taco bell, then funnel some nice taco flavored gas into their airspace. That would work.

How pathetic, that 46 year old man needs to get a grip, its a game after all. And yet again, some kids need to stay off the internet, some of them think they are the top of the world and full of it.

QFT

Haven't come across any those annoying retards on BF3 beta yet, and I hope it stays that way.

The kid was most likely talking crap online... enough to motivate someone to harm him in real life.

Basically... don't talk crap on the internet. Crappy parrents. They prlly think their kid is an angel.

There is probably more to this story. I'm betting the kid was one of those snot nosed jerk off kids who can't keep their mouth shut and talked his way into the beat down like any other shit talker does. The game was just a cop-out for the kid's behavior as far as the media is concerned. No person snaps on that level if they just die in the game. The kid was running his mouth.

Same thing would happen at any sporting or outdoor event. People talk shit, and they get their asses kicked because they don't know how to keep a muzzle on it. It doesn't excuse the guy for what he did, but the kid probably had it coming if he was able to provoke that response. I have no sympathy for either of them.

I wonder if the courts would consider this provocation? Sure, the guy completely over-reacted in this case, but if someone walks up to you and starts hurling insults at you, this kind of result would be expected.

Really though... the 46 year old should have acted like the adult he is. A little 13 year old shit running his mouth is annoying as hell, but he is still a child. I hope the 46 year old father enjoys facing serious charges and going to jail over this.

I will say that part of why I am a PC gamer exclusively is to game with a crowd that tends to be more mature. Not nearly as many little kids on Steam compared to Xbox Live.

This version has a key difference from the other one I read and the title is misleading. The guy wasn't pissed because he was killed in-game, the kid was apparently being a complete asshole over voice chat.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...over-call-of-duty-video-game-115875-23455688/

That being said, the adult thing to do would have been to simply mute the little prick. The guy has issues, but you have to wonder, what's going through the mother's mind while two 13-year-olds are in the next room over playing a M-rated game and verbally assaulting a stranger.

I wonder if the courts would consider this provocation? Sure, the guy completely over-reacted in this case, but if someone walks up to you and starts hurling insults at you, this kind of result would be expected.
I agree. Just because you think you're safe behind the anonymity of the internet doesn't mean you can be a little shit. Parents need to beat their children or else someone may do it for them.

Said the boy's mother to The Mirror: "It’s pathetic that a grown man would attack a defenseless child like this. If you can’t handle losing to a child then you shouldn’t be playing games."

It should be mentioned Call of Duty is a mature title (rated M). No one mentioned the 13 year old was playing a M rated game.

Here's the box text: M for Mature: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language

He should have expected Intense Violence. I'd say someone coming to your house and bitch slapping you is pretty intense.

Ugh, a kid playing Call of Duty. We aren't even talking a 16 year old here, but practically a preteen. Call of Duty is NOT for kids.

And yet it was the so called adult who engaged in real violence over a fictional game. The 46 year old was the one who wasn't mature enough to play it.

"Don't let your mouth write checks your body can't cash."
That's what I tell my boy, he's 13 also, every time I hear of him mouthing off.
Teenagers have a way of really getting under your skin at times but I just like to sit back and tell them to come see me when they turn 18 if they are still feeling froggy, hop mutherfucker ;).

Noob. Every adult knows you find a kid the same age as the internet shit-talker and pay him to beat his dumb ass.

It's definitely <insert video game, movie, TV show >'s fault.

kill-john-lennon-south-park-11081746-765-410.jpg

Kill John Lenin. --Butters

Oh my god adults are so out of control we should ban something they like.
Oh wait sorry I just thought maybe that same failed tactic we use on teens might apply here.

Back