YouTube Launching Premium Channels in 2012?

HardOCP News

[H] News
YouTube premium channels? How long have they been talking about this? I have posted stories like this for five years now (at least). At this point, I just take it all with a grain of salt.

Ideally launching in the first half of 2012, these premium channels are themed by topics such as sports and fashion. YouTube plans to pay up to a few million dollars for content and providers are already starting to work on content creation over October and November. In addition, content will roll out on these channels at a scheduled date and time in order to encourage people to return.

Steve from Jan 11, 2007..

Kevin Donahue, YouTube’s VP of Content, made comments at CES about the possibility of the company creating a linear TV channel. Not many specifics were given but Donahue said the company is definitely “noodling on it”. Huh?

Quote:
"We’re noodling on it," he said. "We haven't gone down a specific road yet. We’ve had a lot of conversations with networks that want us to do shows, companies that want us to do linear YouTube channels … We’re more in strategy phase right now."

paintball_toys_003.jpg

Reactions: Santa
like this
Frankly, I find the ammeture video's more compelling than anything commercial.

Back