Intel Z68 Motherboard Roundup

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Overclockers Club have rounded up a handful of Intel Z68 motherboards and put them to the test. Here's a quote from the review:

The Z68 lineup from ASUS is something that you should think twice about getting your feet into, as all three of the boards that were tested in this roundup were able to perform quite well. When you are looking at the overclocking alone on the three boards, the ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE was able to get a little higher of an overclock, however all three of the boards were able to keep the i7 2600K above 4700MHz.

Somehow, both [H]ard|OCP and the Overclockers Club missed the ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z! Wouldn't ASUS provide boards for review? Anyway, I like mine... and I'm still a fan of the [H], too!

The crew at Overclockers Club have rounded up a handful of Intel Z68 motherboards and put them to the test. Here's a quote from the review:

If you want to count misses, they missed MSI and Gigabyte entirely.

When I hear "round-up", I usually assume more than two brands.

Somehow, both [H]ard|OCP and the Overclockers Club missed the ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z! Wouldn't ASUS provide boards for review? Anyway, I like mine... and I'm still a fan of the [H], too!

At least on newegg, the ASUS P8Z68 is $2 more than the Gene-Z, and it has more slots, bluetooth, d-sub+dvi, and 2 more usb ports. The Gene-Z has no PCI, and a shared mouse/kb PS/2 plug, and extra eSata, but a non-standard sound chip, and is 2.4" shorter.

And Gigabyte has 17 different Z68 motherboards on newegg!

Last edited:
If you want to count misses, they missed MSI and Gigabyte entirely.

When I hear "round-up", I usually assume more than two brands.

Yep. I'm an Asus fan and even I find a 4 board round up with 3 Asus boards to be utterly useless. Either go all the way and make it an Asus review, exploring what difference you can expect for an extra $50 or $100, or actually compare similarly priced/targeted boards from different manufacturers.

Back