Woman Decapitated in Mexico For Web Posting

HardOCP News

[H] News
The internet, it's nothing to lose your head over. :eek:

Police found a woman's decapitated body in a Mexican border city on Saturday, alongside a handwritten sign saying she was killed in retaliation for her postings on a social networking site. The gruesome killing may be the third so far this month in which people in Nuevo Laredo were killed by a drug cartel for what they said on the internet.

Needs subscription to read the article. Pass.

Pride goeth before the fall. She should have forwarded the story (or sell it) to another agency to report from a safer distance so she can live to find more stories to write about.

Pride goeth before the fall. She should have forwarded the story (or sell it) to another agency to report from a safer distance so she can live to find more stories to write about.

Pride? It's a citizen trying to keep people informed and make her country a better place. The newspapers aren't writing about the drug gangs anymore, because of the violence and retaliation against them if they do. A newspaper even went so far as print a headline, something along the lines of, "What do you want us to write [cartels]?"

Pride? It's a citizen trying to keep people informed and make her country a better place. The newspapers aren't writing about the drug gangs anymore, because of the violence and retaliation against them if they do. A newspaper even went so far as print a headline, something along the lines of, "What do you want us to write [cartels]?"

Yes but she's not around anymore to write against them. What good will it do? It may not have been pride, but it's certain poor planning on her part. Drug cartels are notoriously resourceful and ruthless, and as a locale - or particularly a locale who's researching and reporting on them - she should have known this.

She should have had someone else publish her story from a safe distance with no ties to her since she's staying in town.

Time to legalize drugs and end this nonsense.

haha sure. Hello this is your captain speaking: I'm high as a kite and just did some blow off the ass of one of the stewardesses. Enjoy your flight ;-)

Well she should have found a way to get this published anonymously. If she has gotten threats, that should be a red flag to find alternative ways.

haha sure. Hello this is your captain speaking: I'm high as a kite and just did some blow off the ass of one of the stewardesses. Enjoy your flight ;-)

Not necessarily. Just like any workplace, they prohibit alcohol and illegal drugs on the job. Do any of it, and get fired.

There are ways to regulate.

I'm sure he meant under same rules as alcohol.

One thing is for sure. The "War on Drugs" will never be won. Prohibition proved that.

Right, and this can just as easily happen today with the same drugs that are easily available, illegal or not. Or he could just be drunk, or on prescription meds.

The only thing making it illegal does is raise the prices and make very bad people very rich, and the sooner we pull our heads out of our asses and realise this, the better.

And sorry, I don't mean this as political but purely as math/economics. I don't do drugs, even pot.

And yes it may (will) create other issues; but at least we can use the huge tax revenues (and savings via no more DEA, less law enforcement focus on that issue) to mitigate some or many of them.

And I'm sure you can read up, and see the pictures of this lady who posted the article at blogdelnarco (warning, this site shows it all on the mexican drug war)

Bring something better than this to a logical debate.

Oh yes. Everyone that's died to a car accident that was related to drinking, thanks you.

Though seriously, legalizing drugs won't make the world a better place, no matter what the pots heads tell you. Ok, it's legalized, then what? Well now we gotta regulate it. Wait, aren't we trying to regulate cigarette smoking? How well has that worked? People just ended up paying over $8 for a pack of cigs? Then you'll need doctors that'll try to make you realize that POT is killing you 10x faster then cigarettes. Now we'll feel guilty, and we'll really need more. Then we'll have a hard time regulating the use of pot when operating heavy machinery, like a car.

You would have solved one problem, which is the drug cartel, but now you created a whole slew of issues. Health issues, safety issues, and environmental issues. All for what, to help someone quiet the dogs barking in their heads?

Needs subscription to read the article. Pass.

No, this one actually doesn't.... you are only right if you are using a certain program.

If you are, right-click the webpage and enable the main website, just the main website and you will get a popup on this particular news site claiming you get 5 free page views for the day.

So yeah, you gotta disable your crap on that page :D

Oh yes. Everyone that's died to a car accident that was related to drinking, thanks you.

Though seriously, legalizing drugs won't make the world a better place, no matter what the pots heads tell you. Ok, it's legalized, then what? Well now we gotta regulate it. Wait, aren't we trying to regulate cigarette smoking? How well has that worked? People just ended up paying over $8 for a pack of cigs? Then you'll need doctors that'll try to make you realize that POT is killing you 10x faster then cigarettes. Now we'll feel guilty, and we'll really need more. Then we'll have a hard time regulating the use of pot when operating heavy machinery, like a car.

You would have solved one problem, which is the drug cartel, but now you created a whole slew of issues. Health issues, safety issues, and environmental issues. All for what, to help someone quiet the dogs barking in their heads?

Making it legal isn't even close to the same as stopping jobs from drug testing retards. You cannot keep a CDL if you fail a drug test. Nor will most employers allow you to work at their company.

If someone want's to use drugs, probably ruining their lives, that's the choice they make if it is legal or not.

Time to move the troops from Afgan & Iraq to the border, then
they can legalize what they want.

Making it legal will not make violent cartels go away..

Actually yes, it will. I studied this subject and know it well.... as its very important to our safety and such (more than just cartels, but its an easy entry-point for many other groups of bad people)

Anyways.... the mexican cartels profit mainly stems from the sale of drugs to clueless Americans. (see: shitty mexican brick weed, aka "arizona" cocaine, and now they are reporting at even growing their own poppy instead of importing it from the arab countries, thus making even more profit off of heroin sales to Americans,etc)

Legalizing most safe drugs that are illegal now, will only promote local American businesses to carry the product. It will also eliminate the shittier (mexican) imported drugs that contain harsh bi-products.

Tax the drugs, Regulate, and everyone in America wins.... believe me I've studied it hard.

And by the way, did you know you can legally trip balls (almost like LSD) off of seeds you can buy at any Home Depot type store? Heavenly blues, read up on that and it will blow your mind how easy it is to get zooted legally. I have not tried it nor would ask you to try, but apparently the aztec indians have been using flower seeds for medicine for centuries.... yet the govt does not ban it?

99.999% Wrong.... http://www.cnbc.com/id/40150468/CNBC_PRESENTS_MARIJUANA_USA

Get educated, quit remaining ignorant on the subject... especially MJ (don't worry, they won't "track you" for clicking a link with those words)

They're talking about the use of marijuana for medical purposes, which is a completely different subject. Then there's the need to legalize it, but for the purpose of taxing it. Which honestly is a conflict of interest.

Just Google the word marijuana heath, and you'll see articles talking about how bad it is for you. How it effects the heart, the lungs, and how it's nearly 70% worse then smoking cigarettes. Long term physical and mental health, including cognitive abilities.

Like any medication, it's meant to help those who are sick. The problem is there's a lot of people who aren't sick, and just want to get high. I have no problem for it being prescribed to those who need it, just not to those who had a bad day.

No you don't.

82485968.jpg

No thanks

Making it legal isn't even close to the same as stopping jobs from drug testing retards. You cannot keep a CDL if you fail a drug test. Nor will most employers allow you to work at their company.

If someone want's to use drugs, probably ruining their lives, that's the choice they make if it is legal or not.

It maybe their choice, but it's effecting other people. Like cigarette smoke. It's their choice, but it's effecting the air quality I breath. That's why I send their selfish ass outside, in the scorching heat or the freezing cold. Smoke up.

When people do stupid things, it effects everyone around them.

I say legalize it, Tax the hell out of it. Stop having it used as the cash crop for the bad guys who are willing to kill to keep control.

Now am I talking about present day marijuana, or could i be talking about old time prohibition where the Mob was killing people to stay in control of alcohol's distribution?

I also think Mexico should allow its Citizen's to carry their own firearms. Lets see, it is illegal to carry a gun, but yet every criminal has one and people are being shot everyday. I bet they feel safe knowing that owning a gun is illegal.

It maybe their choice, but it's effecting other people. Like cigarette smoke. It's their choice, but it's effecting the air quality I breath. That's why I send their selfish ass outside, in the scorching heat or the freezing cold. Smoke up.

When people do stupid things, it effects everyone around them.

Everything you do or say effects other people. Banning stupid isn't very American. Freedom and Liberty are not ideas based on collectivist morality.

Time to legalize drugs and end this nonsense.

Exactly! I don't do drugs but I see the need to legalize them. Think about all the non violence drug related cases with people in prison. It cost tax payers around 38,000 $ a year to keep them in prison. Is that money well spent?

This is just one more reason Ron Paul should be president. If you legalize it the drug cartels, expensive non violence inmates, and funding the war on drugs all go away.

If you haven't done so already, researched Ron Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws7Zp41fByE

http://www.economist.com/node/13237193

By any sensible measure, this 100-year struggle has been illiberal, murderous and pointless. That is why The Economist continues to believe that the least bad policy is to legalise drugs.

“Least bad” does not mean good. Legalisation, though clearly better for producer countries, would bring (different) risks to consumer countries. As we outline below, many vulnerable drug-takers would suffer. But in our view, more would gain.

Indeed, far from reducing crime, prohibition has fostered gangsterism on a scale that the world has never seen before. According to the UN’s perhaps inflated estimate, the illegal drug industry is worth some $320 billion a year. In the West it makes criminals of otherwise law-abiding citizens (the current American president could easily have ended up in prison for his youthful experiments with “blow”). It also makes drugs more dangerous: addicts buy heavily adulterated cocaine and heroin; many use dirty needles to inject themselves, spreading HIV; the wretches who succumb to “crack” or “meth” are outside the law, with only their pushers to “treat” them.

That isn't "High Times", some liberal rag or an unknown local 'zine. That's the Economist, one of the most respected and influential news sources in the world.

How did they get rid of all the prohibition gangsters? They ended prohibition. Learn from history.

Back