Quashing the False Facebook Rumors over Fees

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The rumors are flying all over the Facebook world that after Facebook introduced Timeline Profiles, the company was preparing to start charging for profile changes. The rumors are not true and probably started by the Winklevoss twins anyway. :D

These rumors are simply untrue. “It’s free and always will be” is still in giant font on the Facebook homepage.

If they ever require payment I'll happily take off. Have no intention of paying them directly when they already make a fortune off ad revenue and social games.

I've told people that they'll be removed from my friends list if they repost garbage about having to pay without including a link to an article or announcement by a reputable source. Consequently, I've done quite a bit of friend list pruning lately (then gotten emails or txts asking "Why'd you do that?").

I look at it as a way to thin the herd. Just defriend the mouthbreathers and move on. You'll end up with a cleaner feed, and they'll be left to annoy each other off the service. It's a win-win situation.

Fixed... and no I'm not trolling, its a FACT.

100% solid, picture, proof I'm not wrong here--> https://plus.google.com/107330528562005281406/posts/E1LHNRK8Ksv

LOL
Just goes to show what kind of people he chooses to run with on FB. He could have the same exact list of friends on G+ and they would act the same way. Got nothing to do with FB or G+, it's the group people chose to run with. Cause once FB is out and G+ is in then can you guess where those people will be at? Yup, you guess it, then what? Then we can call all G+ people nothing more than "stupid" people?

Just goes to show what kind of people he chooses to run with on FB. He could have the same exact list of friends on G+ and they would act the same way. Got nothing to do with FB or G+, it's the group people chose to run with. Cause once FB is out and G+ is in then can you guess where those people will be at? Yup, you guess it, then what? Then we can call all G+ people nothing more than "stupid" people?

No one will switch to G+ until they introduce Farmville. Until then, we're safe.

LOL @ post I see I see

He didn't choose anything Joe, what do you mean? LOL. Look at that, 0 smart comments compared to 75%+ smart comments.

Statistically there, FB is obviously the ruler of dumbheads on social media :D

He didn't choose anything Joe, what do you mean?
He chose that group of people on FB to "friend", so those are who he likes to be around on FB obviously.

Plus I don't have people on my FB page acting like that so it's really not accurate of all FB users.
Hell I could invite all of those people in that picture to G+ and let them make the same comments and then post up a comparison to MY FB page and then call all G+ users stupid, would that make it true?

If they ever require payment I'll happily take off. Have no intention of paying them directly when they already make a fortune off ad revenue and social games.

This, but I'm going to go ahead and make the assumption that they would never do this. I would like to think they aren't that stupid and understand that if this ever did go into effect 70% of their user base would be gone within the first 6 months to a year.

I'll actually pay to get the old FB profile back. You can't control who subscribes to you and what info they can see in their right-most window. That should be entirely under the control of the person posting the info.

WHY ARE THERE PEOPLE BELIEVING THE "FACEBOOK WOULD BE A PAID SERVICE" STORY? TECHNICALLY THOUGH, THEY ARE RIGHT, BUT IT'S MORE OF THE FACT THAT THE PRODUCTS ARE THE USERS THEMSELVES AND THAT IT'S COMPANIES THAT "BUY" THE ACCESS TO THOSE USERS, THUS FACEBOOK IS INDEED NOT "FREE." BUT ONLY IN THE POINT-OF-VIEW OF THOSE COMPANIES. THE USERS THEMSELVES ARE MERE COMMODITIES, PRODUCTS (SPECIFICALLY THE ACCESS TO THOSE USERS), THAT COMPANIES "BUY" FROM FACEBOOK. FACEBOOK WOULD ALWAYS BE FREE TO THE USERS. REPOST THIS TO STOP SPREADING IGNORANCE, REPLACING IT WITH GENUINE KNOWLEDGE.

That's what I posted in my Wall...

I can't believe how many stupid people reposted that crap. There were een some of my family members who did. *ashamed*

I had people asking me what was going on, I hadn't even confirmed if it was true or not but instantly told them that it was fake and facebook will always be free. I told them if something that was true they'd be hearing it from me first....people are so gullable.

Facebook would have to be stark raving mad to charge anything.

They make so much money already from advertising and social stuff. They WANT lots of new free accounts because that increases the base for advertising. They mine so much data from users for advertisers its not even funny.

The sad part is a majority of FB mambers do not realize they are being used and abused... they think they are a part of some new revolution if you ask them... clueless to the data mining, clueless and don't want to learn anything beyond 5 seconds of though

Back