Amazon Kindle Tablet May Launch September 28th

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Next Wednesday, the media will gather in New York for a press briefing for Amazon. It is expected that the event is to announce the arrival of Amazon’s first venture into the tablet market. The Amazon tablet is expected to go head to head with the Apple iPad right out of the gate.

I'd like a regular 'old' kindle with an indeglo back light and I'd be fine.

Uh-oh. Looks like an ipad to me. Apple will sue to block sales of this, so noone needs to worry about the screen it has.

Wow, so much speculation. Maybe they're just planning to announce that they're changing their name to Windle and being sponsored by Charlie Sheen. Caaaaaalm down. Breathe.

Uh-oh. Looks like an ipad to me. Apple will sue to block sales of this, so noone needs to worry about the screen it has.

So true, this will get blocked before it even hits market if Apple hears about it.

Not supposed to be talking about this but we actually have 2 pallets of these sitting on a shelf in the amazon facility I work at. They are in a restricted access area and had a security guard posted there all day today when normally there isn't one.

Not supposed to be talking about this but we actually have 2 pallets of these sitting on a shelf in the amazon facility I work at. They are in a restricted access area and had a security guard posted there all day today when normally there isn't one.

So you have just listed exactly all the reasons why you should do something and haven't done it? Wear a disguse and peek already. You are only employed once! :p

LOL. Serious business.

Why are some of you talking about eInk and Kindle? This is not an eBook, it is a tablet PC, like an iPad.

Looks more like a Samsung Galaxy than an iPad. I wonder if Samsung is Amazon's supplier.

$250 price* to compete not with iPad, but Barnes and Noble Nook.

Looks like a Galaxy because Samsung is the manufacturer.*

*according to the intertubes.

Then again also according to some guy on the interwebs it is running android 1.5 with an Amazon overlay. Forked version of Android. Still, you will see Cyanogenmod on it soon enough.

So you have just listed exactly all the reasons why you should do something and haven't done it? Wear a disguse and peek already. You are only employed once! :p

Security guard still there today. I asked one of them yesterday why they were in there and he pointed to the pallets, said if you scanned the UPC on the outside of the box they showed up in the system as pencils. A different guard later in the day told me what was actually in the boxes.

Back