Lucas Arts Is Hiring

HardOCP News

[H] News
With the employment situation being what it is, I figured I should probably let you know that Lucas Arts is hiring. There are several job listings, so don't be shy...go apply.

LucasArts is now hiring for a first-person shooter, an aerial combat game and an action/adventure game. GameSpot noticed the listings, which call for a level designer for a FPS title, a senior gameplay engineer for the aerial combat game and a producer for an action/adventure title. LucasArts sure seems busy these days!

FPS=New Jedi Knight, Aerial combat= New Starfighter, Action Adventure= New Indiana Jones.

I can always dream. Wish the last Indiana Jones game wasn't scrapped and turned into a Wii waggle demonstration.

I'm applying for the Sound Editor position. From the job description:

Will be responsible for adding a Darth Vader "Nooooooooo" sound to all current, future and past games.

I wouldn't mind seeing another Republic Commando game. Or another Jedi Knight game. Or another TIE Fighter game. Or another.... *sigh* Too many good games from LucasArts that were never properly followed up.

Fuck Lucas and the horse he rode in on. Until he releases the Original Trilogy on Blu-ray, he can take his movie and game division and shove it up his ass.

Fuck Lucas and the horse he rode in on. Until he releases the Original Trilogy on Blu-ray, he can take his movie and game division and shove it up his ass.
^This. That is the only thing I want him to release.

sure they aren't hiring to put more crap content into a likely re-release of the BR Star wars saga in a year or 2 so they need bad voice over actors and bad touch up artists :) as said above.

Um, I think they did- link no worky for me today. Check Amazon. Search Star Wars Blu Ray and bingo. You've got joy.

Good news though. Would like to see some new Lucas Arts action.

Um, I think they did- link no worky for me today. Check Amazon. Search Star Wars Blu Ray and bingo. You've got joy.

I believe the rage is over the fact that those aren't in fact the originals - they've been changed in several small but meaningful (bad) ways.

are they hiring back the thousands they laid off earlier this year and last year?

join the darkside muhahahah goood gooood

are they hiring back the thousands they laid off earlier this year and last year?

join the darkside muhahahah goood gooood

Actually I think that's typical of a game industry where people get fired and hired in large numbers all the time once projects are either finished or started.

Let it be known that is this game Alderaan Shoots first..
funny-gifs-alderaan-shot-first.gif

When Luke killed all the people on the deathstar, wouldn't that of turned him to the dark side? Its like a buddhist taking a dump on an ant hill, then blowing it up after for redneck fund.

please a new x-wing/tie fighter so i can drink my precious whiskey and pleasure myself to internet star wars sex time

Aerial combat game, eh? Like in space, with TIE fighters? :)

Could be a new secret weapons of the Luftwaffe?

More than likely going to ruin X-Wing though *NOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo..........*

Sadly all the good games, were made by other developers, Lucas Arts just published them X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter was Totally Games, so was X-Wing Alliance, Jedi Knight II and the sequel, were Raven/Activision developed, Republic Commando was someone else, but I don't remember who, Empire at War series was also another developer.

The only thing Lucas Arts did right, was the original X-Wing, and Tie Fighter games, and the Monkey Island games (you could include any of the adventure games really, day of the tentacle was also a classic, and Grim Fandango), and anything pre-dating the release of Battlefront, after that, it all turned to crap (unless you count Psyconaughts, which was a good game but overlooked), now it's Lego this and Unleashed that (for someone that powerful, he's not mentioned at all in any of the movies, apparently he's responsible for the Rebel insignia).

I fear Lucas is continuing to screw up the franchise I used to love, and Blackman being in charge of the development of the games is just bad news (he was part of the team that thought changing the game engine in Galaxies was a great idea).

Dream lineup:

FPS: Battlefront 3 AND Republic Commando
Aerial combat: I don't dream of aerial combat games
Action adventure: Jedi Knight

Could be a new secret weapons of the Luftwaffe?

More than likely going to ruin X-Wing though *NOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo..........*

Sadly all the good games, were made by other developers, Lucas Arts just published them X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter was Totally Games, so was X-Wing Alliance, Jedi Knight II and the sequel, were Raven/Activision developed, Republic Commando was someone else, but I don't remember who, Empire at War series was also another developer.

The only thing Lucas Arts did right, was the original X-Wing, and Tie Fighter games, and the Monkey Island games (you could include any of the adventure games really, day of the tentacle was also a classic, and Grim Fandango), and anything pre-dating the release of Battlefront, after that, it all turned to crap (unless you count Psyconaughts, which was a good game but overlooked), now it's Lego this and Unleashed that (for someone that powerful, he's not mentioned at all in any of the movies, apparently he's responsible for the Rebel insignia).

I fear Lucas is continuing to screw up the franchise I used to love, and Blackman being in charge of the development of the games is just bad news (he was part of the team that thought changing the game engine in Galaxies was a great idea).

Their Finest Hour:Battle of Britain and Secret Weapons were both fantastic pseudo-sims. It would great to see them tackle that genre again.

I'd be willing to bet they would be more likely tie ins with the Clone Wars cartoon. Unless there is some new secret movie on the works.

Star Wars was a great story. And yeah, X-Wing, Secret Weapons, and so on. Those days are long gone. They lost their way a long time ago.

QFT.

Noooooooooo is the sound I make whenever he changes anything.

Good news though. Would like to see some new Lucas Arts action.

they arent originals and have more crap added to them, read all the negative reviews.

Back