Schmidt Says He Couldn't Stand Being on Apple's Board

HardOCP News

[H] News
Eric Schmidt says he "couldn't stand being on Apple's board." You know, because they force people to stay on the board against their will. :rolleyes:

He also divulged that he “couldn’t stand” being on Apple’s board of directors while he was a part of it, a group which consists of former Apple CEO Steve Jobs, Genentech CEO Art Levinson, former U.S. Vice President Al Gore, and others. Schmidt’s remark offers the first instance of first-hand insight into the ostensibly awkward period in which Google’s then-CEO was also sitting on Apple’s board, at a time when Apple was launching the iPhone while Google was secretly prepping its competing Android OS.

Isn't that special !!! Super Environmentalist Al Gore sits on the board of a major polluter like Apple. Hypocrite!!!!

I guess its alright to cause so called "man made global warming" so long as its in another country. Oh, and thank you Albert for contributing to all of the job losses, your a true American hero.

I can't stand that self rightous, blow hard JERK!!

The linked article isn't worth reading--it's speculation, but even worse, it is revised history written by a know-nothing Apple fan boy who, unfortunately, thinks he knows everything...(but for Apple fan boys I'd say that is par for the course--everyone and everything aside from Apple is "evil"--go figure.)

Schmidt was TOTALLY misquoted! In the video located at http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/faster-forward/post/googles-schmidt-misquoted-said-he-couldnt-stay-on-apples-board/2011/09/02/gIQArKyJxJ_blog.html (same one as mentioned above), at about 27:23 he CLEARLY says "stay" not "stand". If he had said "stand", don't you think the interviewer would have wanted him to elaborate on that? Schmidt says a lot of weird stuff but in this instance he didn't.
20100907_shitschmidtsays_146x97.jpg

Hey Al.. check and vet out stuff like this a bit more before you post it! Two seconds on Google would have disproved that article you cited!

My apologies to Al/MajorDomo.. cuz of the Labor Day holiday I assumed Steve was taking the day off! I also expected Steve do not pull a boner like this.. after all he has been doing this for 10+ years!

Since Google won't do it, I wish everyone a very happy Labor Day (especially Steve who seems to be working during his).. time to get my MySpace groove on..

wilma-steak-labor-day.gif

Reactions: Santa
like this
My apologies to Al/MajorDomo.. cuz of the Labor Day holiday I assumed Steve was taking the day off! I also expected Steve do not pull a boner like this.. after all he has been doing this for 10+ years!

Since Google won't do it, I wish everyone a very happy Labor Day (especially Steve who seems to be working during his).. time to get my MySpace groove on..

wilma-steak-labor-day.gif

This is definitely not the first time Steve has made such an "error". Anything anti-apple goes up immediately before being vetted. There have been several recent examples where the facts turned out to not be true and just some site media whoring. Of coure, in fairness to Steve, he is nowhere near the only one dupped when it happens.

This is definitely not the first time Steve has made such an "error". Anything anti-apple goes up immediately before being vetted. There have been several recent examples where the facts turned out to not be true and just some site media whoring. Of coure, in fairness to Steve, he is nowhere near the only one dupped when it happens.

corcker.jpg

I love apple. I love PC too.

In fact this is posted from a Macbook Pro running XP in Bootcamp....but it was in standby mode or it could have been posted via Safari on the MacOs.

Only simpletons, morons and other mental defectives that have problems with a company's business model default into rant mode and an either/or argument ;).

It's called freedom of choice. If you don't like the way company "X" doesn't do business then don't do business with them. Getting exercised over it reveals your own lack of maturity.

But but..only Apple related news here gets 20+ pages worth of replies. Must post more!!!

herp derp

Back