Women Tricked into Paying for Fake Paper Laptop

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
They say lightning doesn’t strike in the same place twice, but not so in Spartanburg, SC. Even after warnings in the newspaper and on TV about scams in the area, a Spartanburg woman bought a paper laptop (actually a ream of print paper wrapped in duct tape) in a parking lot. I guess Gomer Pyle was right: Fool me once, shame on you….fool me twice, shame on me. Shazam! :p

Law enforcement officials don't know if this new incident involves the same con men or if it is a copycat

People always amaze me at their lack of intelligence. I've done some stupid stuff in my days, but nothing to the level that some of these people do.

Next up: she calls tech support because her "laptop" won't turn on.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Geez.. doesn't everyone know you get the best deals on electronics in parking lots!

transformers-parking-lot-450x342.jpg

Only parking lot I MIGHT ever consider buying something is the one at NewEgg!

IMG00505-20110811-1411.jpg

That woman paid only $250 because she already sent the rest of her money to someone in Ouagadougou...

Remember, folks, this is one of the founding communities of the KKK. Sounds like they're still a city of inbreds and lost causers (IE #*@$ing idiots)

Remember, folks, this is one of the founding communities of the KKK. Sounds like they're still a city of inbreds and lost causers (IE #*@$ing idiots)

Truer words have not been spoken.

I want to act like this surprises me, but it honestly just doesn't. The only thing that surprises me is that I haven't given up on personal ethics and started wholesale screwing the sheep myself. I could likely retire in a couple years if it wasn't for pesky personal standards.

I bought a seiko watch from a parking lot when I was a kid. At $15 I did not get totally ripped off but....

Why not at least buy some broken laptops from craigslist and convince the moronic to buy them. At the very least they could claim that they were working and at least it isn't blatantly obvious they are committing fraud.

These days you can even buy working laptops for less than $50.

Great idea, I had to order a ream of paper as filler with my Touchpad to apply a $30 off coupon. Now I can make my money back and then some!

Hopefully no one is as stupid as this articles makes it sound.

Maybe they pulled the old switcharoo.

You show them a working laptop. Put in box A. Set the box down, distract them while they pay and switch it out for box B.

ah, the old white van scam. My buddy got tricked into buying a crappy audio system for 160$ when a quick googling on his cell would have revealed them to be garbage. Have to be careful.

Judge Judy still comes across as a shill bitch. Even when telling the scammer she's scum of the earth, she does it in such a way I want to put a sock in both of their mouths.

*shrill*

edit mumble mumble...

Judge Judy still comes across as a shill bitch. Even when telling the scammer she's scum of the earth, she does it in such a way I want to put a sock in both of their mouths.

While I agree, she seems to have much more sense then so many other judges...

Back