Tech FAIL of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
This has to be the dumbest idea I have seen all day. Converting text messages into freaky videos? Yeah, I think I'll pass.

From the Are You Kidding Me files today comes VizLingo, a New York-based company that takes the words you type and creates quick-cut videos out of them. You type in, "I want to buy some cheese," and you get a five-second video of the concepts, "I," "want," and so on. Go see what I mean.

You know, it's a dumb idea, but I think the dumbest idea was from the people who decided it made sense to fund them a total of 1.8 million dollars.

Only way this will make it is if the app takes your txt messages and turns them into pr0n.

Each time I see something like this, it makes me wonder why I can't bring myself to come up with some stupid idea to rake in a bunch of investment dollars. It seems like a great way to bring myself closer to the dream of being a millionaire. I guess I'm just glad I have enough sense not to foolishly invest in really bad ideas like this. :p

While whoever gave them $1.8M is retarded, don't think for a second they're walking away with any money. VC's are notorious for locking all the money down so tight that there is little chance of you getting out unless it's wildly successful - and you stay solvent the entire time, otherwise your ass is bought out.

You know, it's a dumb idea, but I think the dumbest idea was from the people who decided it made sense to fund them a total of 1.8 million dollars.

^^^
I can see a small division of a large marketing company developing this for something, but it's shame waste of VC just to do this one thing.

"Please register or sign in first"

Nothing but a new twist on data mining. I'll pass.

Back