Special Deux Ex Announcement Tomorrow?

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this screenshot making the rounds today, there is some sort of big special message coming tomorrow. The message reads "Special Message Incoming / Be Ready / 2200 GMT 29 Aug." Thanks to Izzy Reed for the heads up!

DLC, 4 missions for $15!

Prolly so.
Meh, reason I don't buy games day one anymore is because of DLC. It is almost always better to just wait a bit to see if there is going to be any worthwhile DLC, and if so, just wait a bit longer for the GOTY, or rather, the full game.

wonder if the DLC will include the GameStop 'exclusive' 'Tong's Rescue' mission

I have not yet finished all the missions and they are already releasing DLC?

Since pre-order exclusive DLC gets released sooner rather than later for new launches, I think that's probably it.

Can't see anything else they could fit in there.

Having never played any of the others. I'm going to guess this is something that you can buy, that will cost money, and will provide something for the game.

I'm on the inside on this one, ya just gotta trust me

Considering how well this game was ported over to the PC (the swift and timely patch definitely helped) I'm looking forward to whatever else Eidos Montreal and Nixxes has in the pipeline for this fine game.

There have been 2 patches, that have addressed the crashing issues.

Personally, I've had 0 crashes since day 1.

There's also a thread detailing people still crashing. I'm not refering to the crash where people can't start the game. I'm talking about the guys that are running a Raid setup. The other guys like myself which seem to be crashing for no reason whatsoever. I mean, I clean installed W7 64 the week before due to something unrelated so I had nothing but the lastest drivers, browsers, codecs, steam+games, and AV software & Deus Ex was crashing while every single other game performed flawlessly. My Oblivion install has 7gigs of increased data from 70+ intensive mods and it doesn't crash on this rig, but Deus Ex does. It's baffling. It's unacceptable. But I'm not exactly surprised. I typically save games like this for Steam sales. Easiest way to be sure the game will be stable and polished is to wait until it's all patched up. By that time triple A titles like BF3 are out and then by the time you're ready to play something else, it's on sale on Steam...rant rant rant, w/e. Fact is a lot of people are crashing still and the circumstances in which the crashes are occurring leave little else but one conclusion. This game wasn't fully tested and wasn't ready to ship.

There's also a thread detailing people still crashing. I'm not refering to the crash where people can't start the game. I'm talking about the guys that are running a Raid setup. The other guys like myself which seem to be crashing for no reason whatsoever. I mean, I clean installed W7 64 the week before due to something unrelated so I had nothing but the lastest drivers, browsers, codecs, steam+games, and AV software & Deus Ex was crashing while every single other game performed flawlessly. My Oblivion install has 7gigs of increased data from 70+ intensive mods and it doesn't crash on this rig, but Deus Ex does. It's baffling. It's unacceptable. But I'm not exactly surprised. I typically save games like this for Steam sales. Easiest way to be sure the game will be stable and polished is to wait until it's all patched up. By that time triple A titles like BF3 are out and then by the time you're ready to play something else, it's on sale on Steam...rant rant rant, w/e. Fact is a lot of people are crashing still and the circumstances in which the crashes are occurring leave little else but one conclusion. This game wasn't fully tested and wasn't ready to ship.

So you expect studios to test every single bloody configuration possible before shipping? Do you realize that there are MILLIONS of configurations out there and just as many possible causing for any problem? You can not fix every bug, it is simply impossible. I don't care how solid a game is you will find people with problems. It happens, that's life. If it's not a major issue affecting a lot of people you can not expect a quick fix and if they can't replicate the bug in their testing it might never be fixed.

the complete list of IP's....telling you you're f*cked for downloading it

This and Witcher 2 are tied for GOTY!

Amazing game, havent been hooked on a game like this since The Witcher & Uncharted :D

So you expect studios to test every single bloody configuration possible before shipping? Do you realize that there are MILLIONS of configurations out there and just as many possible causing for any problem? You can not fix every bug, it is simply impossible. I don't care how solid a game is you will find people with problems. It happens, that's life. If it's not a major issue affecting a lot of people you can not expect a quick fix and if they can't replicate the bug in their testing it might never be fixed.

You're missing the point. How hard is it to prevent a bug that causes crashes on a clean install of W7 with nothing but the bare minimum of installed programs? It can't be too difficult seeing as EVERY other game I play does not have the issues DX:HR is having. If one game out of 50+ is having stability issues what are the chances that the issue has something other to do with than the game having stability issues? DX:HR is at fault, plain and simple, and it's fault is something no other game I play suffers from. So where, oh where, in all of that does something like this, compounded by the large amount of crashes at launch where were patched in the first two updates, not warrant being termed "wasn't fully tested and wasn't ready to ship".

http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=298

The thread on crashing has 20k views. The game hasn't even been out a week.

Fact is 100k+ users aren't crashing too. Expecting a game to be tested on every hardware setup is absurd.

You're missing the point. How hard is it to prevent a bug that causes crashes on a clean install of W7 with nothing but the bare minimum of installed programs? It can't be too difficult seeing as EVERY other game I play does not have the issues DX:HR is having. If one game out of 50+ is having stability issues what are the chances that the issue has something other to do with than the game having stability issues? DX:HR is at fault, plain and simple, and it's fault is something no other game I play suffers from. So where, oh where, in all of that does something like this, compounded by the large amount of crashes at launch where were patched in the first two updates, not warrant being termed "wasn't fully tested and wasn't ready to ship".

http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=298

The thread on crashing has 20k views. The game hasn't even been out a week.

No I'm not missing the point, you're simply not understanding what I'm trying to say. I never said it wasn't the game, what I said was that it is impossible to test every configuration out there and that there would be any number of reasons why the game seems to be crashing for no reason. It could be something simple that they can fix, or it could be some weird random quirk specific to your setup. You say "It's the game" and yes it is, but it's also about the game and your system or the game and a specific set of hardware. In order to fix it they would have to be able to replicate the bug in their testing (or it could be fixed by fixing something else along the line) and figure out exactly where in the game code the problem is at and how to fix it. You act like the game should be 100% perfect out of the gate and quite frankly that is beyond unrealistic for a PC game.

I mean, I clean installed W7 64 the week before due to something unrelated so I had nothing but the lastest drivers, browsers, codecs..

I stopped reading right there. For those having trouble I hope your problems get fixed. 35 hours later and no crashes.

I'd welcome more content, but this close to release, I hope it is free. For instance, at very least the Tong mission should be available to others, not just those who bought a boxed copy of the game at Gamestop. Both the Explosive Mission and Tactical Pack provide nice bonuses and it would be good for the digital users to have (legal) access to them, much in the same way that the DLC was unlocked for Witcher 2 users in patches after the initial launch.

I'd also welcome totally new content, but if it commands a price so close to release I really expect it to be something significant.

As an aside, if one doesn't exist later in the game that I've played, I'd like to see them add some sort of "bank" or additional non-concurrent storage space. Just starting with some of the Pre-Order items, plus my Tranq Rifle takes up a HUGE amount of inventory space. I've already upgraded my carrying capacity once, and I get that part of Deus Ex is being able to manage your inventory, but I'd like to have the option to say.... put items I know I'm not going to carry with me on the next mission or about town, in my vault - perhaps Adam's office? Not sure if we want to go singular or multiple-location drop/pickup. I'm the kind who will like to collect and upgrade one of each weapon and keep a stock of useful items around, but obviously not all in my usable inventory at once. I can see that just lugging the pre-order items around is going to be a LOT of inv space, but I dare not drop any of them because they're not available elsewhere in game as far as I know.

I'm running a raid setup, No problems what so ever, Game runs perfectly.

Back